Yes, that’s a known issue... There are a couple of possible solutions : 1. use biblatex databases and patch pandoc so it will concat title and subtitle fields using periods. (line 667 https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/blob/master/src/Text/Pandoc/Citeproc/BibTeX.hs) 2. I think pandoc’s citeproc will just treat every unknown variable as a string variable (see https://github.com/jgm/citeproc/blob/3f94424db469c804cf2dac2d22dc7a18b614f43e/src/Citeproc/Types.hs#L1054 and https://github.com/jgm/citeproc/blob/3f94424db469c804cf2dac2d22dc7a18b614f43e/src/Citeproc/Types.hs#L901), so you should be able to use «subtitle» in styles. (This will give you warnings when using the style with Zotero and it won’t work reliably across implementations, but anyway ...) 3. if you’re using Zotero, you can leverage Zotero BBT’s postscript feature to manipulate the JSON after exporting. E.g., this one : if (Translator.BetterCSL && item.title) { reference.title = reference.title.replace(/ : /g, '. ') } Not bullet-proof, but simple. You will want to choose a better separator, maybe a double-bar or so. 4. Doing the with lua should also be possible... The question is: do you have the subtitle in a distinct field or is it just in the title field? Von: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org Im Auftrag von John Carter Wood Gesendet: Freitag, 1. Juli 2022 16:39 An: pandoc-discuss Betreff: Changing colons to full-stops in titles I have one final (for now...) issue in setting up a CSL file (which I use with pandoc/citeproc and references in a json file). I'm not sure whether this is a CSL issue or whether it's an issue that can be solved via using a filter (or some other solution) in pandoc, but I thought there might be some people here who might have faced a similar issue. The house style for here (German-based publisher) wants a full-stop/period between main title and subtitle in citations / bibliographies; US/UK standard is a colon between main title and subtitle. And reference managers like Zotero -- IIUC -- save titles as single fields (at least they are in my version of Zotero). So it doesn't seem like it is possible to control what delimiter is used between them via CSL. I have found various discussions of relevant title/subtitle division issues -- some going back quite a few years -- in forums on Zotero: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/8077/separate-fields-for-title-and-subtitle/ ...and CSL: https://discourse.citationstyles.org/t/handling-main-sub-title-splits-citeproc-js/1563/11 However, these were in part discussions among developers about possible changes, and I'm not sure of the current status of this issue or whether there is a way to handle it. Would it be possible to automate turning colons in titles into full-stops via using a filter? If so is there such a filter already around? Can this be done via CSL? Or is this, as of now, impossible? (Or is there a real simple solution that I have, as usual, overlooked...) -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/78df697a-50f5-46d0-b0b8-29a2cbc9509an%40googlegroups.com. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/f440b082946148b884b45ed1a3421de4%40unibe.ch.