* Large images in beamer not scaled correctly
@ 2017-10-31 21:16 John Muccigrosso
       [not found] ` <faef7998-225e-44d9-8847-cf10737b788f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: John Muccigrosso @ 2017-10-31 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Portrait images in beamer that have to be scaled down are left at too large
a height. While the entire image is visible, the caption is not.

The same thing can be observed with landscape images that are close to the
aspect ratio of the PDF (4:3 in my case). In this case they are fine, but
as they get squarer (taller), they begin to crowd out the caption.

Attached are two examples, each of a red box with green top and bottom
borders.

The first is a 1000x5200 box that shows no caption though the entire box is
visible.
The second is a 4000x3300px box (so just slightly more square than the
aspect ratio) with an only partially visible caption. Increasing the height
will drive the caption off the bottom, while keeping the entire box
visible. Increasing the width will show more of the caption.

[-- Attachment #2: temp4.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #3: temp5.pdf --]

* Re: Large images in beamer not scaled correctly
       [not found] ` <faef7998-225e-44d9-8847-cf10737b788f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-11-01  4:45   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20171101044520.GA25791-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-11-01  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Experiment with changing this line in the default latex
template:

\setkeys{Gin}{width=\maxwidth,height=\maxheight,keepaspectratio}

Perhaps if you use 0.8\maxheight and 0.8\maxwidth, it will
leave room for a caption?

+++ John Muccigrosso [Oct 31 17 14:16 ]:

@ 2017-11-01 18:47       ` John Muccigrosso
From: John Muccigrosso @ 2017-11-01 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss