* ConTeXt writer issue with 2.14 release
@ 2021-05-31 13:27   ` amph...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]     ` <ac3264f6-1b3e-4f61-b3ed-d76814f84860n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: amph...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-05-31 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

For enumerations the ConTeXt writer now generates
*\startenumerate...\stopenumerate* while in 2.13 it generated
*\startitemize...\stopitemize* with the same input. Unfortunately,
\startenumerate is not valid and an error halt ensues. The previous
behavior was correct.

(There are enumerations managed by *\setupenumerate*, but they do not use
*\startenumerate.*)

As a workaround I have scripted a sed pass to correct things, but I think a
fix is urgently needed.

* AW: ConTeXt writer issue with 2.14 release
       [not found]     ` <ac3264f6-1b3e-4f61-b3ed-d76814f84860n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-05-31 14:09       ` denis.maier-FfwAq0itz3ofv37vnLkPlQ
       [not found]         ` <0af16d6f974c42839960f390989448fe-FfwAq0itz3ofv37vnLkPlQ@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-FfwAq0itz3ofv37vnLkPlQ @ 2021-05-31 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw, amphiboly-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w

Hi

I’ve added this to make ordered and unordered lists configurable independently from each other. It’s possible I’ve messed things up. Can you please test with the attached example ? This runs here without problems and gives me correct results.

Are you using --standalone or are you producing fragments ?

Best,
Denis
For enumerations the ConTeXt writer now generates \startenumerate...\stopenumerate while in 2.13 it generated \startitemize...\stopitemize with the same input. Unfortunately, \startenumerate is not valid and an error halt ensues. The previous behavior was correct.

(There are enumerations managed by \setupenumerate, but they do not use \startenumerate.)

As a workaround I have scripted a sed pass to correct things, but I think a fix is urgently needed.

[-- Attachment #2: enumerate.tex --]

* Re: ConTeXt writer issue with 2.14 release
       [not found]         ` <0af16d6f974c42839960f390989448fe-FfwAq0itz3ofv37vnLkPlQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-05-31 14:29           ` amph...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]             ` <6fda3a11-b69e-467e-90b9-d51d24c6bfccn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: amph...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-05-31 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Indeed it is fine.

Sorry for the noise -- I did not have standalone set. (I had been going
directly to pdf, which does not require that, but split it for some other
tests and did not add the flag to the pandoc invocation.)

@ 2021-05-31 14:37               ` denis.maier-FfwAq0itz3ofv37vnLkPlQ
       [not found]                 ` <f451cf5b63484970bc4f6fb4d6d80247-FfwAq0itz3ofv37vnLkPlQ@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-FfwAq0itz3ofv37vnLkPlQ @ 2021-05-31 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Well, but you’ve brought up a valid issue. Should users be made aware that certain commands have to be defined in their own environments ? And, if yes, how ?

Denis

@ 2021-05-31 18:24                   ` amph...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]                     ` <2d7fd4eb-f24c-41b7-884e-f0fa627c5ba7n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: amph...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-05-31 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

 Hello Denis,

First, thank you for your work with ConTeXt and pandoc.

To answer your question, I think that documenting the change a little
better in the changelog should have been sufficient. Since a new command is
being defined (\startenumerate) by creating a new named itemgroup, old
custom format templates need to be examined. (There was another change in
the template involving the order of LoF / LoT, but I do not use those so
saw no reason to consider an update.)
--
Rik

@ 2021-05-31 20:45                       ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-05-31 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amph...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org, pandoc-discuss

We documented this under "ConTeXt writer" but should have had
a separate item in the changelog under "ConTeXt template."