* TOC only
@ 2022-11-17 16:48 Craig Parker
       [not found] ` <14f84699-724f-4483-8fe6-1845d1fe81b5n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Craig Parker @ 2022-11-17 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Is there a way to generate JUST a table of contents? I can probably hack up
a file with bash after the fact, but didn't know if there was a way to
redirect TOC content to another html file.

* Re: TOC only
       [not found] ` <14f84699-724f-4483-8fe6-1845d1fe81b5n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-11-17 17:11   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhA2MfhXh+4hiE7H1DtWyupDXVqx5KC-qCLiS2G+UoSx1g-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2022-11-17 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Create a template with only the ToC generating stuff:

``````html
<nav id="$idprefix$TOC" role="doc-toc">
$if(toc-title)$
<h2 id="$idprefix$toc-title">$toc-title$</h2>
$endif$
$table-of-contents$
</nav>
``````

or just the last line but one if you don't want the nav element and title.
Save that to something like `gen-toc.html` and invoke pandoc with
`--template=gen-toc.html` added. You might want to place the template in
the templates subdirectory of your pandoc user directory (both of which you
may have to create; see `pandoc --help` for where) so that you can use it
from anywhere.

Den tors 17 nov. 2022 17:49Craig Parker <craig.fossfolks-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> Is there a way to generate JUST a table of contents? I can probably hack
> up a file with bash after the fact, but didn't know if there was a way to
> redirect TOC content to another html file.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/14f84699-724f-4483-8fe6-1845d1fe81b5n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/14f84699-724f-4483-8fe6-1845d1fe81b5n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .