Dear Folks, I have the following question in regard to the HTML 5 generated by Pandoc. Is Pandoc generating HTML 5 using the XHTML standard? When validating the generated HTML through the W3C validator I see the following information notices about void elements: Trailing slash on void elements has no effect and interacts badly with unquoted attribute values . Since this is just informational I am not too worried about the trailing slash being placed at the end of elements although it does not seem to be part of the HTML 5 standard. However, when I am faced with an error like below I would like to fix it: Error: Bad value doc-endnotes for attribute role on element aside . ↩