* why --resource-dir=~ does not work?
@ 2022-02-28 21:51 jlr...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found] ` <d92b2c81-292e-4849-8589-325fd835c1f1n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: jlr...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2022-02-28 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello!

I thought the --resource-dir option accepted paths expanded by the shell.
Why do they fail?

Sincerely,

* Re: why --resource-dir=~ does not work?
       [not found] ` <d92b2c81-292e-4849-8589-325fd835c1f1n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-02-28 21:53   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]     ` <87bkyqk63d.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2022-02-28 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

"jlr...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org" <jlrn77-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> I thought the --resource-dir option accepted paths expanded by the
> shell. Why do they fail?

There's no example invocation to look at, so I'm just guessing what you
are trying: is there an equal sign, as in `--resource-dir=~/.pandoc` ?
Shell expansion of the tilde `~` happens only at the beginning of an
argument. Use `--resource-dir ~/.pandoc` instead.

--
Albert Krewinkel

@ 2022-02-28 23:37       ` jlr...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]         ` <72154e42-aa47-40e2-83d5-c8fdc4479166n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: jlr...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2022-02-28 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Il giorno lunedì 28 febbraio 2022 alle 15:57:07 UTC-6 Albert Krewinkel ha
scritto:

> "jlr...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org" <jlr...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:
>
> > I thought the --resource-dir option accepted paths expanded by the
> > shell. Why do they fail?
>
> There's no example invocation to look at, so I'm just guessing what you
> are trying: is there an equal sign, as in `--resource-dir=~/.pandoc` ?

Indeed, something like that was the case; though the true home may do as
well.

> Shell expansion of the tilde `~` happens only at the beginning of an
> argument. Use `--resource-dir ~/.pandoc` instead.

It seems that the problem lies in the shell I use: I'm running Cygwin64 on
Win10, and somehow the shell does not interact too well with Pandoc for
Win64. On BusyBox32 it does not complain.

Cheers!

@ 2022-03-02  2:27           ` jlr...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
From: jlr...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2022-03-02  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss