* System Requirements / How to Run Pandoc on Older Mac OS X
@ 2017-01-26 14:56 Jacob Ritorto
       [not found] ` <9a962c71-ded3-4ab5-ab5f-7a0508503b2a-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Jacob Ritorto @ 2017-01-26 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi all,
  I'm nursing an older MacBook that's stuck at 10.7.5.  The latest .pkg
installer balks at my machine, presumably because it's too old (though it
doesn't state that explicitly).  The homebrew install fails, too,
explicitly complaining about old OS.

  I looked around the pandoc.org site and at github for system requirements
but didn't find any.  Is there a way to tell which old version will work on
this machine?  And how to obtain that compatible, older .pkg installer?

thx
jake

* Re: System Requirements / How to Run Pandoc on Older Mac OS X
       [not found] ` <9a962c71-ded3-4ab5-ab5f-7a0508503b2a-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-01-26 16:12   ` Daniel Staal
From: Daniel Staal @ 2017-01-26 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 1/26/17 9:56 AM, Jacob Ritorto wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I'm nursing an older MacBook that's stuck at 10.7.5.  The latest .pkg
> installer balks at my machine, presumably because it's too old (though
> it doesn't state that explicitly).  The homebrew install fails, too,
> explicitly complaining about old OS.
>
>   I looked around the pandoc.org site and at github for system
> requirements but didn't find any.  Is there a way to tell which old
> version will work on this machine?  And how to obtain that compatible,
> older .pkg installer?

Depending on exactly what MacBook you have, this old post of mine might
help you:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pandoc-discuss/DfvriGXtu-8/4dEjkamJpqQJ

It's been years years since Pandoc has released an installer capable of
running on 10.7, but the program itself might run for you.

Note this only helps if you're machine is actually 64-bit.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.

@ 2017-01-26 18:54   ` Axel Kielhorn
From: Axel Kielhorn @ 2017-01-26 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pandoc discuss discuss

> Am 26.01.2017 um 15:56 schrieb Jacob Ritorto <jacob.ritorto-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>:
>
> Hi all,
>   I'm nursing an older MacBook that's stuck at 10.7.5.  The latest .pkg installer balks at my machine, presumably because it's too old (though it doesn't state that explicitly).  The homebrew install fails, too, explicitly complaining about old OS.

I can’t build pandoc on 10.8.
The haskell version installed is too old, a more recent version does not work.

I’m now on 10.10 and everything works.

You may want to look for a pandoc version from early 2015 (pre yosemite).
Or just go back to the most recent version of any major release until one works.

Axel

@ 2017-01-27  8:04   ` Kolen Cheung
From: Kolen Cheung @ 2017-01-27  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss