* Markdown to HTML without (La)TeX
@ 2021-09-06 13:58 Danil Braun
       [not found] ` <86de2391-0410-4092-800a-f7f2155c01c0n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Danil Braun @ 2021-09-06 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I want to write LaTeX formulas in .md file, but I don't want pandoc to
touch them in any way, because KaTeX .js script has been added to the .html
file, and this script will draw these formulas. How do you get pandoc to do
this?

* Re: Markdown to HTML without (La)TeX
       [not found] ` <86de2391-0410-4092-800a-f7f2155c01c0n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-09-06 18:36   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhCW1MfvGAUfeH+Q6GWmKaZWVM8rojZx2Nz_=phi4=qrMw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2021-09-06 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#option--katex

@ 2021-09-07  5:42       ` Danil Braun
       [not found]         ` <0e83bf50-d51d-4a95-8c89-6371b5c22dbfn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Danil Braun @ 2021-09-07  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

*I don't want pandoc to touch them in any way*
I have set the base URL for the KaTeX library and what did I get? This ---
https://braun.guru/20210905170336.html

```
&lt;!DOCTYPE html&gt;
<head>
reliable Open Source CDN for npm and GitHub">
<title>
katex CDN by jsDelivr - A free, fast, and reliable Open Source CDN
</title>
            body {
                font: 15px/1.4em Arial, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica,
sans-serif;
                margin: 0;
                padding: 0;
                background-color: #f2f2f2;
            }

            .container {
                max-width: 960px;
                margin: 0 auto 15px;
                padding: 10px 15px;
                background-color: #fff;
            }

            .badge {
                float: right;
            }
```

And again these `<span class="math inline">` tags...

I just want pandoc not to touch the formulas that I put between the dollar
signs, I add links to the KaTeX files manually in the template file which I
specify with `--template` key.

понедельник, 6 сентября 2021 г. в 23:36:37 UTC+5, BP:

@ 2021-09-07  9:50           ` BPJ
       [not found]             ` <CADAJKhDYbTbMj5qOY19SZ2__WCTMBdH+n+MKckh=UuV=fgi9Xg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2021-09-07  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Den tis 7 sep. 2021 07:43Danil Braun <nightmareaftercare-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> *I don't want pandoc to touch them in any way*

What does Pandoc with the --katex option do which you are unhappy with?

> I have set the base URL for the KaTeX library and what did I get? This ---
> https://braun.guru/20210905170336.html
>
> ```
> &lt;!DOCTYPE html&gt;
> <head>
> and reliable Open Source CDN for npm and GitHub">
> <title>
> katex CDN by jsDelivr - A free, fast, and reliable Open Source CDN
> </title>
>             body {
>                 font: 15px/1.4em Arial, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica,
> sans-serif;
>                 margin: 0;
>                 padding: 0;
>                 background-color: #f2f2f2;
>             }
>
>             .container {
>                 max-width: 960px;
>                 margin: 0 auto 15px;
>                 padding: 10px 15px;
>                 background-color: #fff;
>             }
>
>             .badge {
>                 float: right;
>             }
> ```
>
> And again these `<span class="math inline">` tags...
>
> I just want pandoc not to touch the formulas that I put between the dollar
> signs, I add links to the KaTeX files manually in the template file which I
> specify with `--template` key.

You can probably use Pandoc's raw block/raw inline syntax:

Raw block (the backticks are part of the syntax):

```{=html}
$$...$$
```

Raw inline (again the backticks are part of the syntax):

`$...$`{=html}

"Code" marked with {=FORMAT}, where FORMAT is a Pandoc output format name
as you would pass it to the --to/--write option will be passed through
verbatim to that output format and ignored in other output formats.

@ 2021-09-07 12:53               ` Danil Braun
From: Danil Braun @ 2021-09-07 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

> What does Pandoc with the --katex option do which you are unhappy with?

I have just 3 short lines of code for KaTeX css/js files in my template
file.
Pandoc inserts 341 lines of code that I don't want to deal with, because I
already have everything written the way I want.

> You can probably use Pandoc's raw block/raw inline syntax:
>
> Raw block (the backticks are part of the syntax):
>
> ```{=html}
> $$...$$
> ```
>
> Raw inline (again the backticks are part of the syntax):
>
> `$...$`{=html}
>
> "Code" marked with {=FORMAT}, where FORMAT is a Pandoc output format name
as
> you would pass it to the --to/--write option will be passed through
verbatim to
> that output format and ignored in other output formats.

Thanks, I'll try it!

вторник, 7 сентября 2021 г. в 14:50:59 UTC+5, BP:

@ 2021-09-07 13:13               ` Danil Braun
       [not found]                 ` <2722ac24-c8ff-4b52-9ae5-a8571f627f6an-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Danil Braun @ 2021-09-07 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

> You can probably use Pandoc's raw block/raw inline syntax:

It doesn't work. I still generates code like this:

...</span>

@ 2021-09-07 15:50                   ` BPJ
       [not found]                     ` <CADAJKhB6VDjzfe4zbk+iL5W7cHmMbbjCOw8M7rdh3QimyF=F1w-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2021-09-07 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

It works here:

https://pandoc.org/try/?text=%60%60%60%60%60%60%7B%3Dhtml%7D%0A%24%2410%5E2%24%24%0A%60%60%60%60%60%60%0A%0A%60%2410%5E2%24%60%7B%3Dhtml%7D&from=markdown&to=html5&standalone=0

What is your command line/defaults file?

@ 2021-09-08 12:08                       ` Danil Braun
From: Danil Braun @ 2021-09-08 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss