* Pandoc upgrade from 2.2.1 to 2.11.2 breaks tables that worked before
@ 2020-12-09 20:07 David Martinez
       [not found] ` <282b9fb6-80a7-4ca7-ad8f-c9484fc152aen-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: David Martinez @ 2020-12-09 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi everyone,

I have a couple docker images of pandoc which produce a series of tables
from markdown into a PDF.

The tables look like this:

+-----------------+-----------------+--------------------------------------------------------------+
| **Likelihood**  | **Likelihood**  | **Description**

| **Level**       | **Score**       |

+=================+=================+==============================================================+
| Low             | 0               | Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed |
|                 |                 | do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut
labore et dolore magna       |
|                 |                 | aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis
nostrud exercitation   |
|                 |                 | ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea
commodo consequat.     |
+-----------------+-----------------+--------------------------------------------------------------+
|                 |                 |

+-----------------+-----------------+--------------------------------------------------------------+
| Moderate        | 1               | Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed |
|                 |                 | do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut
labore et dolore magna       |
|                 |                 | aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis
nostrud exercitation   |
|                 |                 | ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea
commodo consequat.     |
+-----------------+-----------------+--------------------------------------------------------------+
|                 |                 |

+-----------------+-----------------+--------------------------------------------------------------+
| High            | 2               | Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,
consectetur adipiscing elit, sed |
|                 |                 | do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut
labore et dolore magna       |
|                 |                 | aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis
nostrud exercitation   |
|                 |                 | ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea
commodo consequat.     |
+-----------------+-----------------+--------------------------------------------------------------+
|                 |                 |

+-----------------+-----------------+--------------------------------------------------------------+

And I launch pandoc as follows with a minimalist template:

pandoc --f markdown+smart -toc -N --template templates/default.latex -o
myfile.pdf myfile.md

The one that works is:

pandoc 2.2.1  with tex 3.14159265 (TeX Live 2016/Debian wheezy)
Compiled with pandoc-types 1.17.5.1, texmath 0.11.0.1, skylighting 0.7.2

But when I try the binaries from
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/download (the amd.deb) on Debian
Buster, using texlive-full (3.14159265 2019/dev/Debian buster):

pandoc 2.11.2
Compiled with pandoc-types 1.22, texmath 0.12.0.3, skylighting 0.10.0.3,
citeproc 0.2, ipynb 0.1.0.1

I get:

Error producing PDF.
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   (
l.264 ...columnwidth - 2\tabcolsep) * \real{0.18}}

And no PDF is produced.

Is it a bug I should be raising?

I am new at pandoc and wondering if I may be doing something wrong. Is
there a variable I can set for default so there's no missing number there
somewhere?

But many tables that worked before on my doc pipeline are suddenly breaking
in mysterious ways with this same error.

Thank you!

* Re: Pandoc upgrade from 2.2.1 to 2.11.2 breaks tables that worked before
       [not found] ` <282b9fb6-80a7-4ca7-ad8f-c9484fc152aen-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-12-09 20:49   ` Albert Krewinkel
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2020-12-09 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi David,

David Martinez writes:

> I have a couple docker images of pandoc which produce a series of tables
> from markdown into a PDF.
>
> [...]
>
> And I launch pandoc as follows with a minimalist template:
>
> pandoc --f markdown+smart -toc -N --template templates/default.latex -o
> myfile.pdf myfile.md
>
> [...]
>
> I get:
>
> Error producing PDF.
> ! Missing number, treated as zero.
> <to be read again>
>                    (
> l.264 ...columnwidth - 2\tabcolsep) * \real{0.18}}

This may very well be caused by the custom template. Does it load the
`calc` package? Do you better results without the custom template?

--
Albert Krewinkel

@ 2020-12-09 20:51   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2ft4ewvmd.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-12-09 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Martinez, pandoc-discuss

I see you're using a custom template.
You may need to integrate changes from the 2.11.2 templates into
your custom template. In particular, you'll need to make sure
you have \usepackage{array} and \usepackage{calc} in there.
There may be other things you need to update in your template.

@ 2020-12-09 21:01       ` David Martinez
From: David Martinez @ 2020-12-09 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss