Thanks! That fixed it. And it would be wonderful if there was official documentation somewhere (that google can find) so that the next person doesn't take as long as I did to find something that works.... On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 10:58:42 PM UTC-4 fiddlosopher wrote: > I suspect you're running into this issue: > > https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/8256 > > We should probably fix this in the docx writer. but try this; > > author: |- > Author One^1^\ > Author Two^2^ > > > > On Sep 9, 2022, at 6:06 PM, Kevin Coombes wrote: > > > > Hi, > > > > I am writing a document in Rmarkdown (so for practical purposes here, > just in markdown) that I would like to be able to convert to all of HTML, > PDF, and Word (docx). The document has multiple authors with different > affiliations. Since I haven't been able to coerce any of the online > descriptions of how to mark this setting up formally to work in all three > output environments, I tried manually creating the output I wanted by > hacking the "date" metadata and exploiting hand-written superscripts. > Basically, something like this: > > > > author: | > > | Author One^1^ > > | Author Two^2^ > > date: | > > | ^1^Institution One > > | ^2^Institution Two > > > > Of course, this is a simplified example since there are way more authors > and institutions than that, which is why I am using the pipe character to > force line breaks. This idea works for both HTML and PDF output. When I try > to create the output in a .docx file, neither the Author list nor the > Affiliation list (in the hacked ate variable) gets included in the > document. If I delete the pipe characters, then the output gets included in > the file, but without the line breaks. > > > > Why does the YAML pipe character apparently not work for Word output? Is > there some setting that I am missing to enable this feature for Word output? > > > > Thanks, > > Kevin > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/9161ae41-4195-40b7-9e60-679e2b7c49e4n%40googlegroups.com > . > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/fa490777-bb33-4c30-af1a-24c82bb94f75n%40googlegroups.com.