At the moment, the location where footnotes are rendered into can be configured with the option reference-location . Unfortunately, it only takes effect when rendering markdown. I'd like to get my footnotes rendered into the same slide it was mentioned/written in. My question is now, would it make sense to propose this on github as a feature request, or should I just go ahead and write a filter for this? I'm not an Haskell expert and I haven't checked out the code base to look what needs to be changed to make that kind of behaviour work or what amount of effort it might take. Happy to hear any opinion or even receive links the code responsible for this or to projects that have solved this already. cheers, ae -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/fb3c3c10-e5bb-4a2b-9d26-0a9f358805edo%40googlegroups.com.