* Suppressing table of contents & cover when converting from ePub to ConTeXt
@ 2019-07-29 15:51 Patrick Kenny
       [not found] ` <a269f8c5-b78e-4d7b-835c-0424f3299c14-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Patrick Kenny @ 2019-07-29 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm trying to convert an ePub (made using Pandoc) into a PDF using ConTeXt.
I'm new to ConTeXt so I may be missing something obvious.

I can convert the ePub to ConTeXt, but Pandoc fails to convert the table of
contents and cover page directly, so I want to suppress that part of the
conversion.

Specifically, there are two problems:

1. In the output PDF, there are two tables of contents, the ePub table of
contents (the same as my ePub file, which I want) and a second table of
contents that just has two items (1. Cover, 2. Table of contents). Also,
the links in the ePub table of contents don't work.
2. In the output PDF, the cover image appears twice, once on the first
page, and again on the second page.

So I want to somehow disable the table of contents and cover conversion if
that's possible.

When I add the ConTeXt default table of contents with
\placecontent
the links work fine.

Here's the command I'm using.

pandoc -f epub -t context -o main.tex mybook_epub.epub

And here's the second table of contents that I want to prevent from being
added:

\startitemize[n,packed]
\item
  \useURL[url1][text/cover.xhtml][][Cover]\from[url1]
\item
  \goto{Table of contents}[nav.xhtmlux5cux23toc]
\stopitemize

And here's what happens with my cover:

{\externalfigure[media/cover.jpg]}

\reference[cover.xhtmlux23cover-image]{}%
{\externalfigure[media/cover.jpg]}

Any hints for how to prevent this part of the conversion would be much
appreciated.

* Re: Suppressing table of contents & cover when converting from ePub to ConTeXt
       [not found] ` <a269f8c5-b78e-4d7b-835c-0424f3299c14-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-07-29 16:52   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2sgqoeqbo.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-07-29 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Kenny, pandoc-discuss

Can you give us the epub -- or a simplified version which is sufficient
to reproduce the problem -- so we can see what's going on?

@ 2019-07-30 18:23       ` Patrick Kenny
       [not found]         ` <a117ca6a-2049-4eab-9ef6-9c217c5460f2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Patrick Kenny @ 2019-07-30 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I made a simplified version that has the same problem.  I included the PDF
output, the tex file, the epub, and the markdown used to generate the epub.

I zipped it all up
here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0tjvwj2x661tb5/pandoc_sample_files.zip?dl=0

@ 2019-07-31 16:07           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <m27e7yi3wt.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-07-31 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Kenny, pandoc-discuss

Maybe it would be best to create an issue for this on the GitHub
tracker, so we don't lose track of it.  You can attach the sample zip
you provided.

@ 2019-07-31 17:53               ` Patrick Kenny
From: Patrick Kenny @ 2019-07-31 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss