* Using Markdown for automatized and versioned knowledge management and generating Powerpoint
@ 2018-02-08 11:29 Anssi Porttikivi
       [not found] ` <af8dc395-1f1b-4f93-aa5c-e260d754583e-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Anssi Porttikivi @ 2018-02-08 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I work as a technical information secuity trainer (mostly) at KPMG Finland.
We are very much a Powerpoint centric organization. I have maybe ~5000
unique pages of training materials that we have been produced during ~20
years. Updating, modularization, collaboration and versioning is a pain.
Counting all the unmanaged copies and versions, we probably have ~1000
Powerpoint files with 50 000 slides.

I recently tried, as a proof-of-concept, preparing a course with Markdown
-> Pandoc -> Powerpoint, and I am pretty happy. An unintended nice surprise
was how easy it is to change Office themes with the output. The company
(and different departments) want to change the slide deck themes every now
and then, and customers might want to use their own themes on per-customer
company tailored courses.

My pipe dream is to start keeping all training material, including binary
lab resource in Git, and building a perfect hierarchy of includes to easily
produce different trainings from the same base material, which would be
always updating. So that when sildes about, say, "Hardening TLS" would be
updated, they would update to 10 different courses automatically.

Next dream is to automatically produce tenders, CVs and what nots from the
business databases? Write scripts that combine some Markdown templates with
some ASCII reports and convert all to fancy marketing brochures?

I also dream of adding Git versionable and scriptable graphs with dot and
Graphviz.

Has anybody ever had similar dreams? ;-)

* Re: Using Markdown for automatized and versioned knowledge management and generating Powerpoint
       [not found] ` <af8dc395-1f1b-4f93-aa5c-e260d754583e-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-10-18 17:54   ` subrta-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
       [not found]     ` <3f288b0d-4c66-426f-baf0-41e1d322059a-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: subrta-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w @ 2018-10-18 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

For me it's also quite interesting to create several powerpoint training
materials using markdown, versioning and powerpoint themes, creating not
only the powerpoint presentations, but also the invitation mails and other
formats from one source. I am quite new to pandoc, so if you find it
interesting, we can exchange ideas and solutions.

@ 2018-10-22 17:53       ` John Noll
From: John Noll @ 2018-10-22 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss