From: "R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar" <chyavana-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Problem with `selnolig` package and multi-lingual documents
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2022 23:57:44 +0530	[thread overview]

I am working on a multi-lingual document (English, Tamil, Sanskrit,
Romanized Sanskrit, Greek). I have used pandoc to compile the source
document perfectly into HTML, ePuB, and PDF via LuaLaTeX, until
recently, when TeXLive 2022 was released.

The generation of the HTML, epUb and .tex files now proceeds without
trouble. But compilation of the .tex file with lualatex produces a
warning, and further forced compilation generates a truncated PDF file.

The operational error message singled out the package `selnolig`. I
identified the following three lines in the default latex template and
commented them out:

```
\ifLuaTeX
   \usepackage{selnolig}  % disable illegal ligatures
\fi
```

The document then compiles error-free.

I can modify the default template with every release to comment out
these three lines, as I see no use for `selnolig` for my use case. The
question is can this package be made optional, since it causes aborted
compilation with multilingual documents.

Thank you.

Chandra