* line with only raw_attributes content still gets wrap in <p>: is this expected ?
@ 2021-12-16  9:59 christophe dervieux
       [not found] ` <fe4cbfa7-465e-4328-8bf3-3e1c178845ddn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: christophe dervieux @ 2021-12-16  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I am not sure if this is expected behavior or not, so not sure to open an
issue or a feature request.

Currently, with raw_attributes extentions, we can include raw HTML. When
using a one line we could use this form

Including an iframe
`<iframe src="https://example.org"></iframe>`{=html}

Other content below

However, this will be wrapped in <p> tag. Pandoc will produce

I would expect to have my HTML code preserved and not wrapped.

I know I could use

 Including an iframe   ```{=html}<iframe src="https://example.org"></iframe>```
 Other content below

to produce

Is this the expected way then ? Or should the former also no wrap when the
all line is a content with raw_attributes

Thanks
​

* Re: [Spam] line with only raw_attributes content still gets wrap in <p>: is this expected ?
       [not found] ` <fe4cbfa7-465e-4328-8bf3-3e1c178845ddn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-12-16 15:12   ` Daniel Staal
From: Daniel Staal @ 2021-12-16 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 12/16/21 4:59 AM, christophe dervieux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if this is expected behavior or not, so not sure to open
> an issue or a feature request.
>
> Currently, with |raw_attributes| extentions, we can include raw HTML.
> When using a one line we could use this form
>
> |Including an iframe `<iframe
> src="https://example.org"></iframe>`{=html} Other content below |
>
> However, this will be wrapped in |<p>| tag. Pandoc will produce

> I would expect to have my HTML code preserved and not wrapped.
>
> I know I could use
>
> |Including an iframe ```{=html} <iframe
> src="https://example.org"></iframe> ``` Other content below |
>
> to produce

> Is this the expected way then ? Or should the former also no wrap when
> the all line is a content with raw_attributes

 From the docs, I'd say that's expected: The first form is an *inline*
block, and the latter is just a block.  This would correspond to HTML's
inline and block elements - the former of which would always need to be
inside a block.

Markdown takes a whitespace-separated line as a paragraph, so that first
is a paragraph with a single inline element.  The second is a block itself.

This interpretation also allows you to do things like have a paragraph
completely covered in a span, etc.  If you want an HTML block, use the
block format.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.