* Overriding default writer behavior
@ 2022-03-24 11:00 AustinLe
       [not found] ` <3aa35ec0-4912-4fd7-9e11-8a78296f9da4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: AustinLe @ 2022-03-24 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I've been searching for a few days and as I could find what I wanted, I'd
like to confirm if my conclusion is correct.

In particular, I'd like to overwrite a small writer behavior, e.g. the Cite
tag of the default HTML writer, by adding an extra field in the tag. I'm
checking the custom writer tag and it seems like I have to re-write the
whole writer for all AST elements, and not just replacing `function Cite`
in the `sample.lua` with what I needed.

This seems to  be quite a hassle as the provided `sample.lua` doesn't
produce the same document as the default HTML writer does (missing table of
content, math formulas aren't rendered, question about that here
<https://groups.google.com/g/pandoc-discuss/c/3x6N8uP5ZM8> ).

Is it correct that I have to provide the writer for the all AST elements,
or am I missing something and we can actually override just a function only?