* Switch to stop doc title being auto generated in HTML?
@ 2020-09-03 14:33 Tom Corcoran
       [not found] ` <CAELuEwG4iN7r5qt_SWQLcsk5hX2JJpLwN6DnAVyHfLn1a-LuqA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Tom Corcoran @ 2020-09-03 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

When I convert my markdown document it auto generates:

<header id="title-block-header">
<h1 class="title">Name of document</h1>
</header>

Sometimes this is fine but most times I would like to control the HTML
that's shown myself. Is there a switch to stop this being generated?

* Re: Switch to stop doc title being auto generated in HTML?
       [not found] ` <CAELuEwG4iN7r5qt_SWQLcsk5hX2JJpLwN6DnAVyHfLn1a-LuqA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-09-03 16:25   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2363yyghp.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-09-03 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Corcoran, pandoc-discuss

Sure, you can use a custom template. See the manual.

@ 2020-09-24 14:53       ` Tom Corcoran
       [not found]         ` <CAELuEwG5DN3awagwZtDx1iK04wfyXgiMiXjUfyFCNaW5a61w2g-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Tom Corcoran @ 2020-09-24 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John MacFarlane; +Cc: pandoc-discuss

 My goal is that I typically have my title me a URL so I don't want it
repeated first.

I decided to look at this today.

I fell at the first hurdle, the documentation says to:

To see the default template that is used, just type pandoc -D *FORMAT*
pandoc -D HTML

Could not find data file templates\default.HTML

Also the default directory (confirmed by pandoc --version) does not exit:

C:\Users\tom\AppData\Roaming\pandoc. The documentation does not suggest I
need to create it, do I?

@ 2020-09-24 15:12           ` CC
       [not found]             ` <e3e64040-77f5-46ee-9094-d1137b35cf39n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: CC @ 2020-09-24 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I’m running pandoc 2.9.11 on windows through cygwin. I experience a similar
issue if I specify a format name of HTML (in that it can’t find
templates\default.HTML)..

But it will provide the template if you specify the format name in all
lowercase.. html. It also has templates for the format html4 and html5.

You shouldn’t have to create anything for the default template. Just your
custom template(s).

Hope this helps.

@ 2020-09-24 16:16               ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-09-24 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CC, pandoc-discuss

> But it will provide the template if you specify the format name in all
> lowercase.. html. It also has templates for the format html4 and html5.

Yes, it's case sensitive and must be all lowercase (just like
the arguments to --to and --from).