* converting a .bib file into grouped table with custom attributes
@ 2020-07-13  1:58 Chris LAM
       [not found] ` <c86cfb53-1149-4b81-a93d-d40a058c5785o-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Chris LAM @ 2020-07-13  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Dear all,

I am having a *.bib* file with the following format
@article{ploberger2017one,
  title={One belt, One road--China’s new grand strategy},
  author={Ploberger, Christian},
  journal={Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies},
  volume={15},
  number={3},
  pages={289--305},
  year={2017},
  publisher={Taylor \& Francis},
  datasrc={Est dolore Lorem},
  type={labour},
  review={
    - consectetur eu magna adipisicing excepteur nisi aliqua in.
    - Adipisicing ipsum nostrud adipisicing eiusmod sit.
    - Occaecat minim aute ex culpa dolor.
    - Cupidatat dolore exercitation et ullamco non eu et enim.
  },
  findings={
    - consectetur eu magna adipisicing excepteur nisi aliqua in.
    - Adipisicing ipsum nostrud adipisicing eiusmod sit.
    - Occaecat minim aute ex culpa dolor.
    - Cupidatat dolore exercitation et ullamco non eu et enim.
  }
}
note that datasrc, type, review, findings are custom attribute.

I have got over 100 entries in this format and I would like to *convert
them into a table in a landscape .docx* with the following template

type | year | author | datasrc | review | findings

can pandoc save me from the heavy lifting?

Thank you.

* Re: converting a .bib file into grouped table with custom attributes
       [not found] ` <c86cfb53-1149-4b81-a93d-d40a058c5785o-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-07-13  5:18   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-07-13  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris LAM, pandoc-discuss

You can use pandoc-citeproc to convert this into a yaml metadata
list with markdown fields.

pandoc-citeproc -y my.bib

You could then use a custom pandoc template to
create a table from this data.  See
https://pandoc.org/demos.html #37 for an example.

However, pandoc-citeproc will ignore the non-standard
fields, so that's probably not going to be enough for you.