* batch conversion of .docx files to mediawiki markdown using pandoc/python
@ 2020-07-07 21:21 Gaurav A
       [not found] ` <20b6cdbd-ec0e-4298-b9e5-b889a10831edo-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Gaurav A @ 2020-07-07 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hey everyone. All everyone is staying safe during these crazy times.

I have a very big document that has been split into multiple documents. I
wanted to batch convert all the files at once from docx to wiki markdown
using pandoc + python. I was able to convert the files individually but i
cannot seem to find a way to do multiple files at once with my macbook pro
(advice only seems to be present for Windows). Can please someone let me
know what the commands are and what i need to do to accomplish this? I've
been at it for several days now and just want to get it done! TIA.

* Re: batch conversion of .docx files to mediawiki markdown using pandoc/python
       [not found] ` <20b6cdbd-ec0e-4298-b9e5-b889a10831edo-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-07-08 11:21   ` Joseph Reagle
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2020-07-08 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 7/7/20 5:21 PM, Gaurav A wrote:
> I was able to convert the files individually but i cannot seem to
> find a way to do multiple files at once with my macbook pro (advice
> only seems to be present

Hello Gaurav, I'm not confident I understand you scenario, but pandoc can take multiple inputs toward a single output.

```
pandoc part1.docx part2.docx -t mediawiki -o parts-all.mediawiki
```

@ 2020-07-12 21:23   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-07-12 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gaurav A, pandoc-discuss

If you want to convert a number of files individually, you can do
something like

for f in *.docx; do pandoc $f -t mediawiki -o ${f%.docx}.wiki; done