* How to get \mathtt to write in HTML as a single <code> element?
@ 2020-09-05  1:25 Norman Ramsey
       [not found] ` <d926b80a-5455-48a9-a655-d97676d4b43en-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Norman Ramsey @ 2020-09-05  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I've got a Markdown file that contains inline math with `\mathtt`.  This is
parsed into native format as

    Math InlineMath "I_1 \\bullet \\mathtt{add}(X,Y,Z) \\cdot I_2"

and when written to HTML, the `\mathtt` part renders as

I really want it to render as

    <code>add</code>

so that my CSS styling will come out right.  I was prepared to write a Lua
filter, but it looks like the decision is being made downstream.

How can I persuade the HTML writer to render the \mathtt the way I want?

Norman

P.S. In order to maintain compatibility with an installation I don't
control, I am multiple versions behind---currently running Pandoc 2.2.1.  I
can request an upgrade, but not soon.

* Re: How to get \mathtt to write in HTML as a single <code> element?
       [not found] ` <d926b80a-5455-48a9-a655-d97676d4b43en-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-09-07 18:06   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-09-07 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Norman Ramsey, pandoc-discuss

It seems you're using pandoc's default "fake it using unicode"
method of rendering math in HTML.  Why not use --katex or
--mathjax, which should give much better results?