* selector on html body in markdown
@ 2019-09-25 14:33 Anne Dranowski
       [not found] ` <1817c2f9-9eec-41cc-aa12-fb858e4bd3bb-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Anne Dranowski @ 2019-09-25 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

What is the best practice for specifying a body class in a markdown
document?

For example: I would like to convert some of my markdown pages to html
pages with purple background colour. The rest will have default white
background.

Do I use a different style sheet for these pages?

Or, can I use a single css file introducing a "purple" class/id?

And, in the latter case, how do I specify the selector in my markdown file?
Can I do so in the head? Can I do so in the body?

Many thanks.

* Re: selector on html body in markdown
       [not found] ` <1817c2f9-9eec-41cc-aa12-fb858e4bd3bb-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-09-25 15:25   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-09-25 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anne Dranowski, pandoc-discuss

You can use the --css option to specify a stylesheet for the
page you're creating.  This can include a rule to style the
body.  Note that you can use --css repeatedly, so you can
have one main stylesheet, and then another one that you just
add to the purple pages.

If you really need to put a class on the body element, then
you'd need to use a custom template. (See the manual under
Templates and --template.)