* Bug in syntax-highlighting? - pandoc 2.10.1
@ 2020-10-02 21:03 'Karl Weber' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found] ` <fa5cd959-e9e4-46a5-b493-0600977c7388o-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Karl Weber' via pandoc-discuss @ 2020-10-02 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I try to use my own syntax-lighting with pandoc and target format HTML.

Coloring works, so far as I have tested it. However, the anchors don't work
as expected from the documentation.

For one, the doc says:

The numberLines (or number-lines) class will cause the lines of the code
block to be numbered, starting with 1 or the value of the startFrom
attribute

This also works as described. In particular: no class numberLines means no
numbers.

The doc also says:

The lineAnchors (or line-anchors) class will cause the lines to be
clickable anchors in HTML output.

This does not work, as I understand it. pandoc always produces anchors,
independent of whether the class lineAnchors is present of absent. To me,
this is a nuisance, because I do not want anchors. Is there a way to
prevent pandoc from creating anchors or is this a bug?

Note: pandoc will always create anchors, even without line numbers. Even
this is ugly, because my browser -- firefox -- shows selectable dots at the
beginning of each line.

Thanks in advance
Karl

* Re: Bug in syntax-highlighting? - pandoc 2.10.1
       [not found] ` <fa5cd959-e9e4-46a5-b493-0600977c7388o-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-10-02 21:19   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]     ` <87blhkjpfo.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2020-10-02 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

As a workaround, you can use the following CSS to hide the anchors:

      pre > code.sourceCode a {
        display: none;
      }

--
Albert Krewinkel

@ 2020-10-02 21:52   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-10-02 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Karl Weber' via pandoc-discuss, pandoc-discuss

My assumption was that empty anchors are invisible and harmless.
I did not know that some browsers display them as dots.  It seems
like non-standard behavior -- do any other browsers do this?

@ 2020-10-04  8:22       ` 'Karl Weber' via pandoc-discuss
From: 'Karl Weber' via pandoc-discuss @ 2020-10-04  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss