* --bibliography and --resource-path
@ 2020-12-09 10:30 Stefan Björk
       [not found] ` <0d7c7a88-b3e6-4bb3-9a29-2f086bec58fen-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Stefan Björk @ 2020-12-09 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Is it me, or are files specified with --bibliography not searched for in
the directories specified by --resource-path?

* Re: --bibliography and --resource-path
       [not found] ` <0d7c7a88-b3e6-4bb3-9a29-2f086bec58fen-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-12-09 18:27   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m25z5aygv3.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-12-09 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Björk, pandoc-discuss

Stefan Björk <stefan.bjork-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Is it me, or are files specified with --bibliography not searched for in
> the directories specified by --resource-path?

Correct, currently they are not.
This could be changed, I suppose.
If we used fetchItem instead of readFileStrict, then we'd get
both (a) searching of resource paths and (b) the ability
to specify bibliographies at URLs.

@ 2020-12-09 19:49       ` Stefan Björk
       [not found]         ` <427f9d5b-82cd-4da9-a6d4-3c09ae4023ddn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Stefan Björk @ 2020-12-09 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

> Correct, currently they are not.
> This could be changed, I suppose.
> If we used fetchItem instead of readFileStrict, then we'd get
> both (a) searching of resource paths and (b) the ability
> to specify bibliographies at URLs.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

A related question regarding paths: for someone like me that use pandoc on
different systems with different home directories, it would be wonderful if
'~' or '$HOME' or something similar in YAML blocks could be expanded to the
home directory. Or some other way of specifying paths relative to the home
directory. That way, I could use the exact same configuration files on all
systems.

.:: Stefan ::.

@ 2020-12-09 20:57           ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-12-09 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Björk, pandoc-discuss

Created an issue: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/6940

> A related question regarding paths: for someone like me that use pandoc on
> different systems with different home directories, it would be wonderful if
> '~' or '$HOME' or something similar in YAML blocks could be expanded to the
> home directory. Or some other way of specifying paths relative to the home
> directory. That way, I could use the exact same configuration files on all
> systems.

For related issues concerning defaults files see
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/6108
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/5982