* tex > odt Could not load include file
@ 2019-10-09 17:26 pierrO Lelou
       [not found] ` <bd6f6518-9756-4832-9ea5-a10b1cb9ac16-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: pierrO Lelou @ 2019-10-09 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello
When I convert from (xe)latex to open document text pandoc produces info
messages :
[INFO] Could not load include file 'fontspec.sty' at line 3 column 22
[INFO] Could not load include file 'xunicode.sty' at line 4 column 22
[INFO] Could not load include file 'geometry.sty' at line 5 column 31
[INFO] Could not load include file 'babel.sty' at line 6 column 19

Then the document.odt just contains text but nothing for \num{}, \ieme{}
(etc.) commands also personal ones.
If I use -N option with pandoc, the document.odt does not have numeration.

The simple ECM produces the same info messages than above with the command :
pandoc -s --verbose -o ecm.odt ecm.tex

\documentclass[french]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage[a4paper]{geometry}
\usepackage{babel}

\begin{document}
Toto est le plus beau
\end{document}

My pandoc version is 2.2.1 on Kubuntu 18.10

I do not find anything in documentations. Thank you for your help.

* Re: tex > odt Could not load include file
       [not found] ` <bd6f6518-9756-4832-9ea5-a10b1cb9ac16-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-10-10  4:17   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2d0f5nsig.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-10-10  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pierrO Lelou, pandoc-discuss

The messages are harmless; they are just informing you that
pandoc did not try to load and parse these include files
(which it would only do if they were in your working directory).

If some commands are not being converted, please list them and
let us know where these are defined. If they come from
specialized packages, then they may be out of scope. If you
define them yourself, then pandoc should be able to handle them;
we'd like to see the definitions. If they are standard LaTeX
commands, we should try to handle them.

-N isn't supported yet for ODT, as the documentation says.

@ 2019-10-12 15:19       ` pierrO Lelou
       [not found]         ` <bdd445c5-84c9-4443-89b2-0c8f1b89d06b-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: pierrO Lelou @ 2019-10-12 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi John,
OK here is my ecm :

\documentclass[french]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage[a4paper]{geometry}
\usepackage{babel}
\usepackage{siunitx}
\usepackage{varioref}
\usepackage{ifthen}
\usepackage{eurosym}

%my command :
%blaze purpose is to print in different ways some people in a meeting
%\blaze takes 4 arguments and the first one is optional with nothing by
default, the second is the department number, the third his first name, the
fourth his name.
%if the second equals 00 then the grade, the first name, and the name are
printed, else it is the first name and department number

\newcommand*\blaze[4][]{%
    \ifthenelse{\equal{#2}{(00)}}
{#4 #3 {#1}}{#4 #2}}

\newcommand{\reR}{\blaze[(chef du personnel)]{(00)}{Ridau}{Marc}}
\newcommand{\yvF}{\blaze[(CT)]{(14)}{Fernand}{Joseph}}

\begin{document}

Le 1\ier{} juin
%\ier \ieme are provided by babel's option french
\reR{} rencontre \yvF{} pour lui donner \num{40000}~\euro{} de sa poche.
% \num is provided by siunitx
Voir résumé chap. \vpageref{chapitre}
%vref is a command of varioref package

\section{Résumé}
\label{chapitre} Le chat nous faisait rire.

\end{document}

@ 2019-10-13  0:30           ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-10-13  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pierrO Lelou, pandoc-discuss

pierrO Lelou <pifetpof-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Le 1\ier{} juin
> %\ier \ieme are provided by babel's option french

I see.  We have partial support for Babel, but apparently
babel defines many special purpose commands for different
languages, and we don't yet support these.  You can add
a \providecommand or \renewcommand for these in your latex
file, and pandoc should be able to interpret that.

You could put a request on the tracker for better support
for language-specific babel commands.

> \reR{} rencontre \yvF{} pour lui donner \num{40000}~\euro{} de sa poche.
> % \num is provided by siunitx

We have partial support for siunitx, but I guess not \num?
See https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/3587 which requests
better support.

> %vref is a command of varioref package

That's unsupported; you'll have to work around it.