* Reading alien line endings
@ 2019-04-08 10:24 BPJ
       [not found] ` <9af42a9c-580c-b2d3-e52e-9c208b49da92-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2019-04-08 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

How do Pandoc readers cope with alien line endings, i.e. DOS
endings on *nix OSes and --- especially since I can't test it ---
*nix endings on DOS OSes?

* Re: Reading alien line endings
       [not found] ` <9af42a9c-580c-b2d3-e52e-9c208b49da92-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-04-10  4:08   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-04-10  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BPJ, pandoc-discuss@googlegroups.com

BPJ <melroch-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> How do Pandoc readers cope with alien line endings, i.e. DOS
> endings on *nix OSes and --- especially since I can't test it ---
> *nix endings on DOS OSes?

We filter out all the CRs when reading, so the parsers
can assume newline line endings.  If pandoc was
compiled for Windows, it will put the CRs back
when it produces output (unless the --eol option
is used to specify line endings).