* Each YAML block is a YAML document?
@ 2021-08-13 10:51 William Lupton
       [not found] ` <CAEe_xxhdOH1XXJJ3gZBNz+80XZ6XG=h1W9K0qCk2mTModpd9Hg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: William Lupton @ 2021-08-13 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I was trying to use YAML anchors to avoid some duplication. This works:

---

buttons-base:

- &home-button

  label: Home

  url: 'https://www.example.com'

buttons:

- *home-button

- label: Extra

  url: 'https://extra.example.com'

but if I split it into two separate YAML blocks the second block isn't
parsed as YAML. (In the real world, I want the first definition, which
would define several YAML anchors, to be in a separate shared YAML file.)

I'm pretty sure that this is because each YAML block is (in YAML-speak) a
separate YAML document, so I should never have expected this to work. If
so, perhaps the manual could clarify this? However, just in case there's a
way of sharing some context between YAML blocks, I thought I'd mention it
here before creating a GH issue.

Thanks!

* Re: Each YAML block is a YAML document?
       [not found] ` <CAEe_xxhdOH1XXJJ3gZBNz+80XZ6XG=h1W9K0qCk2mTModpd9Hg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-08-13 14:45   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-08-13 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Lupton, pandoc-discuss