* Different font sizes for mainfont and monofont
@ 2019-04-23 20:43 Josh Lawrence
       [not found] ` <4ea8d287-49fc-43aa-a3b1-774c46924826-jFIJ+Wc5/Vo7lZ9V/NTDHw@public.gmane.org>
From: Josh Lawrence @ 2019-04-23 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello!

Is it possible to specify different font sizes for mainfont and monofont?  (For example, 12pt for the mainfont, and 10pt for the monofont.)  Here is the script I'm using to convert markdown to PDF:

https://termbin.com/r866

What I've researched so far:

I've seen that the Pandoc documentation says that mainfontoptions and monofontoptions are available via fontspec, but after reading the fontspec documentation, I'm completely lost.  Additionally I've seen that I can include headers in my pandoc command, but again I'm not sure what I would include at all.  I've also searched the mailing list archives, but again no luck (I could be searching for the wrong thing).  I'm hoping that there's a simple way to say "mainfont is 12pt, monofont is 10pt".

Thank you for your help!

Josh

* Re: Different font sizes for mainfont and monofont
       [not found] ` <4ea8d287-49fc-43aa-a3b1-774c46924826-jFIJ+Wc5/Vo7lZ9V/NTDHw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-04-23 22:00   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <yh480kef5sz8ka.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-04-23 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Lawrence, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Try this in your YAML metadata:

monofontoptions: 'Scale=0.9'

@ 2019-04-24  9:34       ` BPJ
       [not found]         ` <CADAJKhB6qPpSo=MfqgMN3EOgbtN2VRhmYn49JT49w=F1oaL5sw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2019-04-24  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw; +Cc: Josh Lawrence

Also you may try the MatchLowercase option which often gives satisfactory
results in this situation, since it makes the x-height of the monofont
appear to be the same as that of the mainfont, which is likely to give the
best results with inline code.

@ 2019-04-24 14:46           ` Josh Lawrence
       [not found]             ` <c0c6b142-4879-4930-8070-1504115d25c3-jFIJ+Wc5/Vo7lZ9V/NTDHw@public.gmane.org>
From: Josh Lawrence @ 2019-04-24 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BPJ, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

First, thank you both for responding!

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019, at 4:34 AM, BPJ wrote:
> Also you may try the MatchLowercase option which often gives
> satisfactory results in this situation, since it makes the x-height of
> the monofont appear to be the same as that of the mainfont, which is
> likely to give the best results with inline code.

So I tried putting this in my script (found this line via Google):

monofontoptions:"Scale=Matchlowercase"

...which gave me this error:

Error producing PDF.
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
l.120 ...on, environment variables (\texttt{PAGER}

I'm not sure how to interpret the error, any ideas?

Thank you again,

@ 2019-04-24 16:52               ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-04-24 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Lawrence, BPJ, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw