* problems in installing pandoc-citeproc
@ 2019-01-04 22:11 Uwe Brauer
       [not found] ` <87o98wf4yg.fsf-YB6e1s5WF/He5aOfsHch1g@public.gmane.org>
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2019-01-04 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi

I am using Ubuntu 16.06 and installed
,----
| pandoc --version
| pandoc 2.1.1
| Compiled with pandoc-types 1.17.3.1, texmath 0.10.1.1, skylighting 0.6
| Default user data directory: /home/oub/.pandoc
| Copyright (C) 2006-2018 John MacFarlane
| Web:  http://pandoc.org
| This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
| There is no warranty, not even for merchantability or fitness
| for a particular purpose.
`----

However when I tried to run

sudo stack install pandoc-citeproc

I obtain
Run from outside a project, using implicit global project config
Using resolver: lts-13.1 from implicit global project's config file: /home/oub/.stack/global-project/stack.yaml
Downloaded lts-13.1 build plan.
AesonException "Invalid flag name: \"bytestring--lt-0_10_4\""

What can I do?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: problems in installing pandoc-citeproc
       [not found] ` <87o98wf4yg.fsf-YB6e1s5WF/He5aOfsHch1g@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-01-05  1:43   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-01-05  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Make sure you have a recent version of stack, and
try with a more recent stack resolver?

stack install pandoc-citeproc --resolver lts-12

@ 2019-01-05  9:05     ` Uwe Brauer
       [not found]       ` <87va33eaom.fsf-YB6e1s5WF/He5aOfsHch1g@public.gmane.org>
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2019-01-05  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

>>> "John" == John MacFarlane <jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Make sure you have a recent version of stack, and
> try with a more recent stack resolver?

> stack install pandoc-citeproc --resolver lts-12

Thanks but

,----
| sudo stack install pandoc-citeproc --resolver lts-12
| Run from outside a project, using implicit global project config
| Using resolver: lts-12 specified on command line
| Selected resolver: lts-12.26
| Downloaded lts-12.26 build plan.
| AesonException "Invalid flag name: \"bytestring--lt-0_10_4\""
`----

Can I use cabal to install pandoc-citeproc?

I also tried

sudo stack upgrade and obtain

Fetched package index.
Populated index cache.
stack-1.9.3: download
Could not parse '/tmp/stack-upgrade1908/stack-1.9.3/stack.yaml':
AesonException "failed to parse field 'extra-deps': (Invalid package identifier: \"Cabal-2.4.0.1@rev:0\",\"Cabal-2.4.0.1@rev:0\")"
See https://github.com/commercialhaskell/stack/blob/release/doc/yaml_configuration.md.

Frankly: I thought stack and cabal are thought to simplify an upgrade,
but I have been facing always dependencies problems each time I try to
use these programs.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

@ 2019-01-05 16:35         ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-01-05 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Instead of 'stack upgrade', try just reinstalling
stack using the procedure here
https://docs.haskellstack.org/en/stable/install_and_upgrade/

AFter all, if stack is broken (probably because your
version is too old and the format has changed), it
can't upgrade itself.

And yes, you can also use cabal to install
pandoc-citeproc, though you may have different
problems there...

Are you on a system for which the binaries we provide
on our release page won't work?  (The linux binaries
are static and should work on nearly anything.)