* Windows Defender flagging pandoc as malware
@ 2021-11-04 16:48 John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-11-04 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

i've heard some reports of Windows Defender flagging pandoc
2.16.1 as malware.  I'd like to know more about this...it's
possible that this is due to changes in Windows Defender
which make it interpret pandoc's running pdflatex in a
subprocess to produce a PDF as Trojan behavior.
But I'd like to be sure nothing else is going on.

Relevant questions:

- Has anyone out there experienced this?  How did you install pandoc?
- When is this warning triggered?  Just when producing PDF?
- Is this due to a change in Windows Defender?  (Can test
  by trying installing older versions of pandoc.)
- If Windows Defender is being overaggressive here, is there
  any way to mitigate the problem?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-11-04 16:48 UTC | newest]