* What format should filepaths be in when working with convertWithOpts?
@ 2020-12-09 20:02 MyriaCore
       [not found] ` <24792f40-b7e7-4b79-957f-6bce55f49823n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: MyriaCore @ 2020-12-09 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi all,

I’m trying to write a wrapper using convertWithOpts, and I’m running into
issues regarding options like optFilters, optTemplate, etc that require
filepaths.

I *assumed* that when running convertWithOpts, the code uses whatever data
directory pandoc itself would’ve used, and that paths you specify with
options like optFilters, optTemplate, etc should be relative to the data
directory. However, in my testing, I’m not able to make this work on my
system, as even though I know the paths I’m referring to exist,
convertWithOpts appears to silently ignore them - the only exception being
JSONFilters in optFilters, because those are usually binaries along the
system’s PATH.

I guess my question here is *what format should the path to data-related
files be* when working with convertWithOpts?

* Re: What format should filepaths be in when working with convertWithOpts?
       [not found] ` <24792f40-b7e7-4b79-957f-6bce55f49823n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-12-09 20:53   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-12-09 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: MyriaCore, pandoc-discuss

Paths are interpreted relative to the working directory.

In some cases, the user data directory is also searched
as a fallback.