From: John MacFarlane <jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org>
To: 'Guillem Marpons' via pandoc-discuss
	<pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>,
	pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Announcing asciidoc-hs, an AsciiDoc parser in Haskell
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 08:01:49 -0700	[thread overview]

This is exciting news, and I look forward to seeing this develop!
It would be great if the library allowed us to integrate asciidoc
reading directly into pandoc, and I'd be happy to help with any
pandoc integration questions.

One issue concerns includes.  The pandoc readers are
parameterized on any instance of PandocMonad, so they can be
run either "pure" or in an IO context.  PandocMonad provides
an abstraction for reading from the file system -- an ersatz
file system is used in "pure" instances.

So, for purposes of eventual integration in pandoc, it would be
great if your library was compatible with this (rather than,
e.g., exporting a parser that requires MonadIO).