* Styles ignored in Reference.odt
@ 2020-05-31  8:24 Stephan Lamprecht
       [not found] ` <CABChqip8S=0O1KPHSMcUf-E5aF9HU+EwL6CAnSy-sHPsnMGBcA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Stephan Lamprecht @ 2020-05-31  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello,

i am currently experimenting with custom styles in the combination
Markdown--->Pandoc---->ODT.

For this purpose, I made a copy of the template using "pandoc
--print-default-data-file reference.odt > ~/reference.odt".

I added two new paragraph styles to the template and placed the reference
file in the data directory of Pandoc.

In my markdown text I tried one style:

::: {custom-style="PCW-Floating Text"}
blah blah
:::

If I now convert the file to ODT format, these styles are ignored. You can
see them in the LibreOffice stylist, but they are not used.

If I use the same Markdown file and convert it to Word (I had also created
a reference.docx), the styles are used. So it's not the markdown file.

Any idea why this did not work in the ODT file?

Thanks for your help!

Beste Grüße
Stephan Lamprecht

Redaktionsbüro Lamprecht
Waldstrasse 11
22926 Ahrensburg
Tel: 0172-4021907
twitter: slamprecht

* Re: Styles ignored in Reference.odt
       [not found] ` <CABChqip8S=0O1KPHSMcUf-E5aF9HU+EwL6CAnSy-sHPsnMGBcA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-05-31  9:18   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhBLm7sYQrupDMtjF4_e7gzkpqYwXHr8mREzvyvDL6PdSw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2020-05-31  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I believe that unless something has changed very recently custom styles are
not supported for ODT but only for DOCX. That is not really a problem since
LibreOffice handles DOCX produced by Pandoc very well. The only serious
issue I've encountered is that nested lists are flattened unless there is a
paragraph of some sort at the top of the outer list item containing the
inner list. It is also possible to convert DOCX to ODT using LibreOffice on
the command line. I don't recall the incantation off the top of my head,
but if Google isn't helpful just tell me and I'll look come Monday.  Just
remember to include the `--headless` option so that LO doesn't open the
file(s) in the GUI, since this will cause the shell to stall.

Hope this helps!

/bpj

--
Better --help|less than helpless

@ 2020-05-31 20:43       ` Robert Riemann
       [not found]         ` <35341ed2-8c34-40ef-b395-163048676db5-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Robert Riemann @ 2020-05-31 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Custom paragraph (and inline) style support has been added to ODT 15 days
ago.

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/commit/a2ce28fa4d0e90fc2cd1e4d3a6d738005323164f

Confirmation
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/commit/bde3d7622ddd2cda7adabc309335bb2865c1d520#commitcomment-39238040

Pandoc 2.9.2.1 <https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/2.9.2.1> was
released on 24 May, 7 days ago, and should therefore contain this support.

Best,
Robert

@ 2020-06-01 18:20           ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-06-01 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Riemann, pandoc-discuss

> Pandoc 2.9.2.1 <https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/2.9.2.1> was
> released on 24 May, 7 days ago, and should therefore contain this support.

No, release date was March 23.