* LaTeX end document / endinput compliance
@ 2019-10-05  1:26 Luis Rivera
       [not found] ` <44a69616-a689-4fe8-9486-6beb8ae08f2d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Luis Rivera @ 2019-10-05  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello!

It seems that pandoc doesn't understand the `\end{document}` or `\endinput`
instructions in the source code while converting LaTeX to other formats
(I've tried docx or epub, for instance). How can I make it abide by these
commands?

Thanks in advance,

Luis.

* Re: LaTeX end document / endinput compliance
       [not found] ` <44a69616-a689-4fe8-9486-6beb8ae08f2d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-10-05  4:39   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2r23rg61j.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-10-05  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Rivera, pandoc-discuss

Out of curiosity,  what do you have in your LaTeX document
after \end{document}?

@ 2019-10-05 17:37       ` Luis Rivera
       [not found]         ` <6bcd828b-6f90-45d4-a59f-f10b86dfb6f5-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Luis Rivera @ 2019-10-05 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

On Friday, 4 October 2019 23:39:22 UTC-5, John MacFarlane wrote:

> Out of curiosity,  what do you have in your LaTeX document
> after \end{document}?

From the earliest days I put back there (as well as after \endinput) bits
and pieces I don't want to discard, but don't make it to the final draft of
the paper either. This way I don't clutter my directories with zettel, and
I can find the discarded material for other purposes later. Then some
people want opendoc/openxml copies for whatever reason, and then I found
that the supposedly ignored materials pop up in the converted files.

BTW I also miss the ability to comment out material with the {comment}
environment: but then regular %s do the job.

Besides, the inability to handle materials this way with MarkDown is what
keeps me from moving to that format altogether.

Cheers,

@ 2019-10-18  1:57           ` Luis Rivera
       [not found]             ` <881d31da-683e-456f-aa3d-b46ef5809ef1-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Luis Rivera @ 2019-10-18  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

So, there is no know workaround about this issue? May I submit a feature
request to the repo?

Confused,

@ 2019-10-21  5:44               ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                 ` <m2h842tzy4.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-10-21  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Rivera, pandoc-discuss

Yes, you can submit a feature request.

A workaround could be using sed to remove everything from the
input document after \end{document} before passing it to pandoc.

@ 2019-10-22 20:41                   ` Luis Rivera
From: Luis Rivera @ 2019-10-22 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss