* Supported emoji names
@ 2020-04-05 10:57 BP Jonsson
       [not found] ` <CAFC_yuQNG6jf7ZAxbo1LMTeR49B9WPt4TMMeYbXwFof051aW1w-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BP Jonsson @ 2020-04-05 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I seem to remember that there was what to my Haskell-untrained eyes was a
list of supported values for EMOJI names in the `:EMOJI:` syntax, but now
it seems I can't find it again. I suspect Pandoc has changed to some third
party library for this, but I had no luck finding that since I don't know
Haskell and there are very many commits. Is there anywhere I can find a
human-readable list of supported emoji names? I suppose there must be, but
where? It would be good if some informational documentation could be
generated from the code, something like a table with

``````markdown
|---|---|---|------
|`:smiley:`| ☺ |U+263A|WHITE SMILING FACE
``````

(Sorry for the lack of proper alignment, and it's apparently not the right
name, hence the request!)

* Re: Supported emoji names
       [not found] ` <CAFC_yuQNG6jf7ZAxbo1LMTeR49B9WPt4TMMeYbXwFof051aW1w-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-05 11:23   ` BPJ
From: BPJ @ 2020-04-05 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Could this be it?

https://www.webfx.com/tools/emoji-cheat-sheet/

Obviously a link in the documentation to the list which pandoc actually
uses would be preferable to guessing whether this or that online list hits
the mark…

Den sön 5 apr. 2020 12:58BP Jonsson <bpjonsson-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> I seem to remember that there was what to my Haskell-untrained eyes was a
> list of supported values for EMOJI names in the `:EMOJI:` syntax, but now
> it seems I can't find it again. I suspect Pandoc has changed to some third
> party library for this, but I had no luck finding that since I don't know
> Haskell and there are very many commits. Is there anywhere I can find a
> human-readable list of supported emoji names? I suppose there must be, but
> where? It would be good if some informational documentation could be
> generated from the code, something like a table with
>
> ``````markdown
> |Name|Char|Code|Charname
> |---|---|---|------
> |`:smiley:`| ☺ |U+263A|WHITE SMILING FACE
> ``````
>
> (Sorry for the lack of proper alignment, and it's apparently not the right
> name, hence the request!)
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAFC_yuQNG6jf7ZAxbo1LMTeR49B9WPt4TMMeYbXwFof051aW1w%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAFC_yuQNG6jf7ZAxbo1LMTeR49B9WPt4TMMeYbXwFof051aW1w%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

* Re: Supported emoji names
       [not found] ` <CAFC_yuQNG6jf7ZAxbo1LMTeR49B9WPt4TMMeYbXwFof051aW1w-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-05 19:08   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-04-05 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BP Jonsson, pandoc-discuss

I factored out the emoji code that used to be in pandoc and
it is now in a separate library,

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/emojis

It uses the list of emojis from the gemoji gem, which GitHub
uses:

https://github.com/github/gemoji/blob/master/db/emoji.json