* Specifying resource paths relative to current user (MD->EPUB, Ubuntu)
@ 2021-04-30 12:59 tri...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found] ` <fdf81229-ee39-4747-a4a6-9dbbecd6ec2dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: tri...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-04-30 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm processing MD files to EPUB on Linux Ubuntu

I have a situation where the same file is found differently by different
users, each sees it as:

/home/<user>/path/to/resource

So *usera* has  /home/*usera/*path/to/resource
and *userb* has /home/*userb*/path/to/resource

I have tried specifying the resource location as
*$HOME*/path/to/resource
and
*~*/path/to/resource

but neither of these seem to work when specified in an MD file (the image
in question does not appear in the EPUB file), although they work at the
command prompt.

I need to work with this file structure as it is. Could anyone advise me on
the best solution?

Many thanks

'ö-Dzin

* Re: Specifying resource paths relative to current user (MD->EPUB, Ubuntu)
       [not found] ` <fdf81229-ee39-4747-a4a6-9dbbecd6ec2dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-04-30 15:24   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-04-30 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tri...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org, pandoc-discuss

IN the most recent versions of pandoc, you can use ${HOME} in a
defaults file, e.g.

csl:  ${HOME}/mycsldir/special.csl

See the manual under "Default Files."