* Unsupported extension in Commonmark_x resulting in alternative output
@ 2022-06-22 19:23 Thomas Byskov Dalgaard
       [not found] ` <7F040099-8F18-41C2-BB05-0A4658311704-AHfMSizzl90sTMJHDOTzqX9LOBIZ5rWg@public.gmane.org>
From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard @ 2022-06-22 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi!

Think I have found something that is unexpected behaviour when using the commonmark_x format with extensions.

Here is the case.

I want to convert from Markdown to Commonmark_x. I have read the Commonmark spec, and from here hard line breaks can be inserted either by two spaces or a backslash at the end of a line inside a paragraph.

This is fine when I write my Markdown document, but when I convert all backslashes are removed and replaced with two spaces.

I have tried to enable the extension escaped_line_breaks but Pandoc says that this extension is not supported.

Why is it that Pandoc allows backslashes to be used but not allowed when converting?

Best regards Thomas