* pandoc context template forces linkstyle, linkcolor, and linkcontrastcolor off by default
@ 2021-06-08 19:49 T. Kurt Bond
       [not found] ` <CAN1EhV-hvWkLtcDMqJy8QZCvKK18TF+O3Uyf+gWtPTeubtRxWA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: T. Kurt Bond @ 2021-06-08 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I'm always surprised when I produce a PDF with pandoc via context output
and the hyperlinks are indistinguishable from normal text so I can't tell
where they are.  It turns out that the template for context output
unconditionally sets linkstyle, linkcolor, and contrastcolor to the values
of the variables $linkstyle$, $linkcolor$, and $linkcontrastcolor$ *even if
the user hasn't specified them.*  This forces those all off.

Here's the code from pandoc -D context (pandoc version 2.14.0.1):

% Enable hyperlinks
\setupinteraction
  [state=start,
$if(title)$
  title={$title$},
$endif$
$if(subtitle)$
  subtitle={$subtitle$},
$endif$
$if(author)$
  author={$for(author)$$author$$sep$; $endfor$},
$endif$
$if(keywords)$
  keyword={$for(keywords)$$keywords$$sep$; $endfor$},
$endif$
  style=$linkstyle$,
  color=$linkcolor$,
  contrastcolor=$linkcontrastcolor$]

I think the last three lines should be

$if(linkstyle)$
  style=$linkstyle$,
$endif$
$if(linkcolor)$
  color=$linkcolor$,
$endif$
$if(linkcontrastcolor)$
  contrastcolor=$linkcontrastcolor$
$endif$
  ]

instead, so the style, color, and contrast color are only set if the user
specifies those variables.  This way the document gets the default ConTeXt
style, color, and contrast color.

--
T. Kurt Bond, tkurtbond-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org, https://tkurtbond.github.io

* Re: pandoc context template forces linkstyle, linkcolor, and linkcontrastcolor off by default
       [not found] ` <CAN1EhV-hvWkLtcDMqJy8QZCvKK18TF+O3Uyf+gWtPTeubtRxWA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-06-09 22:28   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-06-09 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T. Kurt Bond, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

The current behavior is consistent with how things work with
latex.  Rather than using the defaults, we specify black
unmarked links by default.  The reason is that this is best
for documents that are to be printed.

I can see arguments on both sides, but the current behavior
is consistent across formats.