* Custom variable before \pagestyle
@ 2020-11-24 19:12 Pedro P. Palazzo
       [not found] ` <58283f7b-ed7e-43da-8d13-59d5c37cd3ben-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Pedro P. Palazzo @ 2020-11-24 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I only have the most basic knowledge of LaTeX, so forgive me if I can’t see
something obvious. I want to \usepackage{fancyhdr}, which seems to be a
rather commonly-used package for improved page headers and footers.
However, it must be declared before the \pagestyle{} command, which means
putting it in Pandoc’s header-includes won’t do.

Right now I use a custom template to make it work, but I was wondering if
there is any other way to declare this package *before* the \pagestyle
statement. Having to keep track of a custom template for a single-line
customization seems like overkill to me.

Thanks in advance.

* Re: Custom variable before \pagestyle
       [not found] ` <58283f7b-ed7e-43da-8d13-59d5c37cd3ben-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-11-24 19:39   ` krulis....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]     ` <36e179b7-9bce-4860-b288-181e40a62a59n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: krulis....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2020-11-24 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

As newbie to newbie, until an expert answers, I would like to ask what is
your workflow. If you convert just from markdown to LaTeX, I think you can
just write the command into `$body$` of the document, it should go through
without modification.
Still, you will have to load `fancyhdr` package, so you will have to add
that, possibly in `header-includes` variable.

@ 2020-11-24 22:23       ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-11-24 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: krulis....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org, pandoc-discuss

The default template's \pagestyle command only kicks in if
you specify a pagestyle variable.  So, one approach would be
not to do that, and to put the \pagestyle{whatever} command
after \usepackage{fancyhdr} in your header-includes.