* ANN: pandoc 2.11.1
@ 2020-11-03 22:45 John MacFarlane
       [not found] ` <m2zh3yjbzg.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-11-03 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw,
	pandoc-announce-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 2.11.1,
available in the usual places:

Binary packages & changelog:
  https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/2.11.1

Source & API documentation:
  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-2.11.1

This is another minor release to fix some regressions (and help
deal with election anxiety).

Minor API change:

Add `PandocBibliographyError` constructor for `PandocError`.
(This will help us give more informative error messages
when pandoc can't parse a bibliography.)

Some other improvements of note:

- Fixed overlong lines in some bibliography styles (e.g., ieee.csl).
- Fixed bug in commonmark with footnote extension, whereby
  nested block-level elements inside a footnote would be rendered
  in reverse order.
- Fixed regression in JATS output when using `--citeproc`.
- Improved calculation of table column widths in the LaTeX writer.
- Improved treatment of author-in-text citations inside footnotes,
  in note styles.  Rather than putting the bibliographic data
  in paretheses after the author's name, we now separate it using
  a comma.
- Fixed improper capitalization of "Ibid." and other labels
  generated by `--citeproc`.
- Better handling of inline SVG in HTML.
- Refined default CSS for HTML.
- Added documentation for pandoc's JATS handling.

Thanks to Albert Krewinkel, Mauro Bieg, Nils Carlson, and Andy
Morris for contributions.

* Re: ANN: pandoc 2.11.1
       [not found] ` <m2zh3yjbzg.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-11-06  7:39   ` Geoff Russell
       [not found]     ` <27ecca51-7881-411b-8f31-02af125e65bfn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Geoff Russell @ 2020-11-06  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Dear JM,

I just installed this .deb file ... and pandoc-citeproc is missing?  Is
this an omission or has
something changed?

Cheers,
Geoff

On Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 9:15:57 AM UTC+10:30 John MacFarlane
wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 2.11.1,
> available in the usual places:
>
> Binary packages & changelog:
> https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/2.11.1
>
> Source & API documentation:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-2.11.1
>
> This is another minor release to fix some regressions (and help
> deal with election anxiety).
>
> Minor API change:
>
> Add `PandocBibliographyError` constructor for `PandocError`.
> (This will help us give more informative error messages
> when pandoc can't parse a bibliography.)
>
> Some other improvements of note:
>
> - Fixed overlong lines in some bibliography styles (e.g., ieee.csl).
> - Fixed bug in commonmark with footnote extension, whereby
> nested block-level elements inside a footnote would be rendered
> in reverse order.
> - Fixed regression in JATS output when using `--citeproc`.
> - Improved calculation of table column widths in the LaTeX writer.
> - Improved treatment of author-in-text citations inside footnotes,
> in note styles. Rather than putting the bibliographic data
> in paretheses after the author's name, we now separate it using
> a comma.
> - Fixed improper capitalization of "Ibid." and other labels
> generated by `--citeproc`.
> - Better handling of inline SVG in HTML.
> - Refined default CSS for HTML.
> - Added documentation for pandoc's JATS handling.
>
> Thanks to Albert Krewinkel, Mauro Bieg, Nils Carlson, and Andy
> Morris for contributions.

* Re: ANN: pandoc 2.11.1
       [not found]     ` <27ecca51-7881-411b-8f31-02af125e65bfn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-11-06  8:21       ` 'Denis Maier' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]         ` <4242b24f-9a1d-9a6e-c052-e8c63b3df65d-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Denis Maier' via pandoc-discuss @ 2020-11-06  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw, Geoff Russell

Hey Geoff,
that's on purpose. John has added a new citeproc in one of the last
releases. Just use `--citeproc` instead of `--filter pandoc-citeproc`.
Most things should just work as before, some better.
Best,
Denis

* Re: ANN: pandoc 2.11.1
       [not found]         ` <4242b24f-9a1d-9a6e-c052-e8c63b3df65d-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-11-06  9:52           ` Geoff Russell
From: Geoff Russell @ 2020-11-06  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Maier; +Cc: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 6:51 PM Denis Maier <denismaier-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hey Geoff,
> that's on purpose. John has added a new citeproc in one of the last
> releases. Just use `--citeproc` instead of `--filter pandoc-citeproc`.
> Most things should just work as before, some better.

All good. Many thanks,

Geoff

--
6 Fifth Ave,
St Morris, S.A. 5068

http:perfidy.com.au
https://www.amazon.com/GreenJacked-derailing-environmental-action-climate-ebook/dp/B00MN7UPH6

* Math blocks with specified environment [generic directives / attributes]
       [not found] ` <m2zh3yjbzg.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-11-10  8:32   ` Gabriel Nützi
       [not found]     ` <d9796bc9-ce29-c607-8a0f-79d0834f4286-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Gabriel Nützi @ 2020-11-10  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

*Hi all,
*
I am transfering to 2.11.0.4 in
https://github.com/gabyx/TechnicalMarkdown and have some question
regarding *Latex Math Blocks*.

*Target:* Latex and HTML output
*
**Question:* How to write clean math blocks with specified math
environement which correctly merges with preceeding Paragraphs (in the
AST).
I am thinking of a nice attribute solution or something...

I basically want the output of:

```markdown
Paragraph, the next mathblock should merge into this paragraph
$$
\begin{align}
x^2
\end{align}
$$
```

but I dont want to use a Math(mathtype=display) because I want excatly
to control the math environement. The above does not work because
`\begin{align}`

*My approach**:*
```markdown
Paragraph, the next mathblock should merge into this paragraph
~~~math
\begin{align}
x^2 \\
y^2
\end{align}
~~~
```

I used a filter to Transform
<https://github.com/gabyx/TechnicalMarkdown/blob/master/convert/pandoc/filters/transformMath.py>the
mathematical `CodeBlock`  into a `Para(RawInline(tex, ...))`.
Unfortunately I didn't think about the fact, that a new Para or other
Block element introduces a hard break, and does not merge with a
`SoftBreak` into the preceeeding `Para`graph. Of course that can be
handled somehow ridiculously in a filter by merging precceding
paragraphs etc. -> cumbersome -> error prone...

*Working solution with +raw_tex Extensions:*
```markdown
Paragraph, the next mathblock should merge into this paragraph
\begin{align}
x^2 \\
y^2
\end{align}
```

But is there a nicer solution?
Is there an *inline block* element which I can tag with an attribute
which I can further process in a filter?

Would something like that work with bracketed_spans ?:
```markdown
Paragraph, this paragraph should not end here after this newline>
[
x^2 \\
y^2
]{math}
```

Any help widely appreciated.

*BR Gabriel*

* Re: Math blocks with specified environment [generic directives / attributes]
       [not found]     ` <d9796bc9-ce29-c607-8a0f-79d0834f4286-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-11-10 16:49       ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-11-10 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel Nützi, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You can use the raw_attribute extension (enabled by default)
to put anything you like in a raw latex inline:

`\begin{align}
x^2
\end{align}`{=latex}

Note: the line endings may not be preserved, but that
shouldn't matter for latex in most cases.