* Yaml_metadata_block not working
@ 2019-01-05 22:53 Glenn Hoetker
       [not found] ` <d971aa05-0144-400a-8409-687e008a0335-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Glenn Hoetker @ 2019-01-05 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I am having a problem similar to that reported in
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pandoc-discuss/J659BoCpoic/ffn7r0_pAwAJ,
but the solution there isn't working. To wit, when I try to convert the
attached file with

pandoc -s  -o testYaml.pdf -f markdown+yaml_metadata_block
sourceDocumentYamlMetadata.md

the resulting PDF does not contain the title, author or data. When I
convert to a latex file and inspect it, it does not contain title or author
information at all and the data is blank, i.e.,
\date{}

Running a similar file in which the yaml metadata block was replaced with a
standard Pandoc metadata block with the command

pandoc -s  -o testPandoc.pdf -f markdown sourceDocumentPandocMetadata.md

yields the expected output.

The same pattern holds when converting to a DOCX file.  No title info with
yaml_metadata_block. Everything works with the Pandoc metadata block.

I've uninstalled and reinstall Pandoc and confirmed that there are no files
in my ~/.config/templates directory.  Truly stumped and really hoping
someone can help me.

I'm running MacOS 10.14.2 and pandoc -v yields the following

pandoc -v
pandoc 2.5
Compiled with pandoc-types 1.17.5.4, texmath 0.11.1.2, skylighting 0.7.4
Default user data directory: /Users/ghoetker/.pandoc
Copyright (C) 2006-2018 John MacFarlane
Web:  http://pandoc.org
There is no warranty, not even for merchantability or fitness
for a particular purpose.

Thank you for any help!

[-- Attachment #2: sourceDocumentYamlMetadata.md --]
[-- Type: text/markdown, Size: 2033 bytes --]

---
Title:  A fancy title
Author: Someone else
Date: January 10, 2019
---

# Overview

Far far away, behind the word mountains, far from the countries Vokalia and Consonantia, there live the blind texts. Separated they live in Bookmarksgrove right at the coast of the Semantics, a large language ocean.

A small river named Duden flows by their place and supplies it with the necessary regelialia. It is a paradisematic country, in which roasted parts of sentences fly into your mouth.

# The second section

Even the all-powerful Pointing has no control about the blind texts it is an almost unorthographic life One day however a small line of blind text by the name of Lorem Ipsum decided to leave for the far World of Grammar.

The Big Oxmox advised her not to do so, because there were thousands of bad Commas, wild Question Marks and devious Semikoli, but the Little Blind Text didn’t listen. She packed her seven versalia, put her initial into the belt and made herself on the way.

When she reached the first hills of the Italic Mountains, she had a last view back on the skyline of

- her hometown [Bookmarksgrove](http://fsf.org)
- the headline of Alphabet Village, ([http://www.indigenousbusinessmonth.com.au](http://www.indigenousbusinessmonth.com.au))
- and the subline of her own road, the Line Lane <https://www.imdb.com>.

# The third section[^1]

A wonderful serenity has taken possession of my entire soul, like these sweet mornings of spring which I enjoy with my whole heart. I am alone, and feel the charm of existence in this spot, which was created for the bliss of souls like mine. I am so happy, my dear friend, so absorbed in the exquisite sense of mere tranquil existence, that I neglect my talents.

I should be incapable of drawing a single stroke at the present moment; and yet I feel that I never was a greater artist than now.

[^1]: Far far away, behind the word mountains, far from the countries Vokalia and Consonantia, there live the blind texts.

* Re: Yaml_metadata_block not working
       [not found] ` <d971aa05-0144-400a-8409-687e008a0335-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-01-06  6:14   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-01-06  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Hoetker, pandoc-discuss

The problem is very simple.  The metadata fields are
case sensitive. Remove the capitalization of Title,
Author, Date, and it will work: