* Number every two lines in codeblocks
@ 2017-03-13 21:28 Luis Fernado Silva Castro de Araújo
       [not found] ` <5843f636-904c-44b6-b10d-1a5aec67aa13-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Luis Fernado Silva Castro de Araújo @ 2017-03-13 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Is it possible to ask pandoc to number lines in a codeblock only in a
certain frequency? For example number lines every two or five lines.

MWE:

```{#lst:code .r .numberLines}
library("MVN")
hzTest(noNAs[c("fas","dd", "rh_lateralorbitofrontal_area",
                       "lh_frontalpole_area",
                       "rh_caudalanteriorcingulate_area",
                       "rh_cuneus_area", "rh_precentral_area",
                       "rh_middletemporal_area", "lh_precuneus_area",
                       "lh_lateralorbitofrontal_area",
                       "rh_postcentral_area",
                       "lh_caudalmiddlefrontal_area")])

```

but something like {#lst:code .r .numberLines modulo=2}?
​

* Re: Number every two lines in codeblocks
       [not found] ` <5843f636-904c-44b6-b10d-1a5aec67aa13-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-03-14  8:48   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20170314084818.GC74529-l/d5Ua9yGnxXsXJlQylH7w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-03-14  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

No, there's no way to do that.

+++ Luis Fernado Silva Castro de Araújo [Mar 13 17 14:28 ]:

@ 2017-03-14 17:46   ` Melroch
From: Melroch @ 2017-03-14 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

If you are outputting LaTeX or PDF via LaTeX you can use a filter which
wraps the codeblock in a suitable "listings" or "minted" environment and
turns the whole into a raw LaTeX block. If I don't misremember I have
already rewritten my first attempt at such a filter. I'll look for it
tomorrow.

/bpj

@ 2021-08-01 14:21       ` 'Tim Menzies' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]         ` <ed568cdb-b9bc-466a-bfa5-bfa7643e305dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Tim Menzies' via pandoc-discuss @ 2021-08-01 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I write to ask if, five years later, has that situation changed? e.g. using
lua filters cant i print every (say) fifth num?

@ 2021-08-01 16:24           ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-08-01 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Tim Menzies' via pandoc-discuss, pandoc-discuss

What output format, HTML?