* prevent pandoc from inserting vertical bars in metadata block?
@ 2021-04-18 18:52 Nathan
       [not found] ` <9728d1f4-040e-4392-aa04-148f648a8dfdn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Nathan @ 2021-04-18 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm using another application that outputs MultiMarkdown with a metadata
block in the following format:

Title: Blah blah blah
Author: Doo de Doo
Base Header Level: 1
Bibliography: Pubs.bib
Lang: en-GB

Converting this using pandoc -f markdown_mmd -t markdown --standalone we
get a metadata block in the following format:

---
author: |
  Doo de Doo
baseheaderlevel: |
  1
bibliography: |
  Pubs.bib
lang: |
  en-GB
title: |
  Blah blah blah
---

Is there any way within pandoc to get rid of the vertical bar and newline
in the metadata fields so that each metadata field is on a single line like
in the input file? I know I can pipe the file to something like perl (which
has been my workaround) but was wondering if there is a way to do it only
with pandoc? (The vertical bar, or whatever it corresponds to in pandoc's
AST, causes trouble in epub output by inserting an unwanted p element
within title and author elements in the title page.)

* Re: prevent pandoc from inserting vertical bars in metadata block?
       [not found] ` <9728d1f4-040e-4392-aa04-148f648a8dfdn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-04-19  5:02   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m25z0ieuiq.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-04-19  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan, pandoc-discuss

I just pushed a fix for this.

In the mean time you could work around this by using
a Lua filter that converts MetaBlocks elements to MetaInlines.

@ 2021-04-19  5:46       ` BPJ
       [not found]         ` <CADAJKhB52GyVgab2CzJ_HYCvA+24pS5pvgf4DbvF2YKT-socew-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2021-04-19  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss; +Cc: Nathan

Den mån 19 apr. 2021 07:03John MacFarlane <jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> I just pushed a fix for this.
>
> In the mean time you could work around this by using
> a Lua filter that converts MetaBlocks elements to MetaInlines.

Wouldn't one then have to check that the MetaBlock element contains only a
Para or Plain element and unpack that element into the MetaInlines element?

@ 2021-04-19 20:01           ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-04-19 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BPJ, pandoc-discuss; +Cc: Nathan

BPJ <bpj-J3H7GcXPSITLoDKTGw+V6w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Den mån 19 apr. 2021 07:03John MacFarlane <jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org> skrev:
>

>> I just pushed a fix for this.
>>
>> In the mean time you could work around this by using
>> a Lua filter that converts MetaBlocks elements to MetaInlines.
>>

> Wouldn't one then have to check that the MetaBlock element contains only a
> Para or Plain element and unpack that element into the MetaInlines element?

I didn't go into the details, but yes, exactly.