* Adding new tests...
@ 2020-08-07 19:43 Leonard Rosenthol
From: Leonard Rosenthol @ 2020-08-07 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

OK - I am giving into the inevitable and trying to my hand at writing some
Haskell and improving the ICML writer.

However, after reading over the online docs (both Contributing.html and
Install.md), it's not clear what the right approach is.

Should I:
- Add a new ICML.hs to tests/Tests/Writers
- Add a new command file in /tests/command
- Modified Old.hs and add something there
- other??

Thanks in advance...

Leonard

* Re: Adding new tests...
@ 2020-08-07 22:28 ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]   ` <m27duaks5j.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-08-07 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leonard Rosenthol, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

tests/command is best to use for individual regression tests.
If you have a lot of tests to add, it might make sense either
to add an additional golden test (Old.hs) or add tests to
Tests/Writer -- it's really up to you.  If your changes
concern just a few specific issues, command tests might
be sufficient.

Leonard Rosenthol <leonardr-bM6h3K5UM15l57MIdRCFDg@public.gmane.org> writes:

> OK - I am giving into the inevitable and trying to my hand at writing some
> Haskell and improving the ICML writer.
>
> However, after reading over the online docs (both Contributing.html and
> Install.md), it's not clear what the right approach is.
>
> Should I:
> - Add a new ICML.hs to tests/Tests/Writers
> - Add a new command file in /tests/command
> - Modified Old.hs and add something there
> - other??
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Leonard
>
> --

* Re: Adding new tests...
       [not found]   ` <m27duaks5j.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-08-07 22:36     ` Leonard Rosenthol
       [not found]       ` <CALu=v3LCOr78RgmQ6S-CPMOZd-gAhG5Lyo9iWteDM0H67nhNSA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Leonard Rosenthol @ 2020-08-07 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John MacFarlane; +Cc: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Sounds good - thanks!

Is there a way to run just a single command test then - or do I have to run
them all?

Leonard

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 6:28 PM John MacFarlane <jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> tests/command is best to use for individual regression tests.
> If you have a lot of tests to add, it might make sense either
> to add an additional golden test (Old.hs) or add tests to
> Tests/Writer -- it's really up to you.  If your changes
> concern just a few specific issues, command tests might
> be sufficient.
>
> Leonard Rosenthol <leonardr-bM6h3K5UM15l57MIdRCFDg@public.gmane.org> writes:
>
> > OK - I am giving into the inevitable and trying to my hand at writing
> some
> > Haskell and improving the ICML writer.
> >
> > However, after reading over the online docs (both Contributing.html and
> > Install.md), it's not clear what the right approach is.
> >
> > Should I:
> > - Add a new ICML.hs to tests/Tests/Writers
> > - Add a new command file in /tests/command
> > - Modified Old.hs and add something there
> > - other??
> >
> > Thanks in advance...
> >
> > Leonard
> >
> > --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CALu%3Dv3JsPzOnAZ-vKUW%2B%2B2aB88mtMmKW9cFS3NT2A4jnYU10%3DA%40mail.gmail.com
> .

* Re: Adding new tests...
       [not found]       ` <CALu=v3LCOr78RgmQ6S-CPMOZd-gAhG5Lyo9iWteDM0H67nhNSA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-08-08  1:45         ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-08-08  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leonard Rosenthol; +Cc: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

make TESTARGS='-p 4768'

will just run command test 4768.md, for example.