* Conversion from word docx to asciidoc converts "quoted" text incorrectly
@ 2019-10-19 22:49 spganon
       [not found] ` <5dbed0dd-11bb-4095-bec5-943e443dc6eb-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: spganon @ 2019-10-19 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

"Basic" for example is converted to ÔÇ£BasicÔÇØ by pandoc.

Is there a setting or a mechanism I can use to correct this during
conversion.

Cheers
Steve

* Re: Conversion from word docx to asciidoc converts "quoted" text incorrectly
       [not found] ` <5dbed0dd-11bb-4095-bec5-943e443dc6eb-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-10-20 11:03   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhBG+_rPptT-hfXdUqBiwUWgFZ4xuu=vBW=a_b=bJmU9hA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2019-10-20 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

That's probably an encoding issue. Pandoc outputs UTF-8 encoded text and it
has to be rendered as such. If you view it as HTML you need to declare the
correct charset in the HTML header, or you need to tell your editor that
the file is UTF-8 encoded. Possibly the editor is missing a Byte Order
Mark. I don't know whether Pandoc does or can insert a BOM in its output if
there was one in the input. Perhaps there should be (a) command line
option(s) to copy/insert a BOM.

@ 2019-10-21  5:33       ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-10-21  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BPJ, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

If you use the -s option you'll get a standalone HTML page
with instructions that will inform the browser to use UTF-8.
You probably didn't use -s?