* Pandoc-crossref adds latex `codelisting` env (not found on CTAN) for code block
@ 2018-09-27  8:47 jiewuza
       [not found] ` <m2a7o3xr67.fsf-9Onoh4P/yGk@public.gmane.org>
From: jiewuza @ 2018-09-27  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Here is the code block in my md file:
```{#lst:captionAttr .haskell caption="Listing caption"}
main :: IO ()
main = putStrLn "Hello World!"
```

With `pandoc test.md -o test.tex --listings`, the output is:
```
\begin{lstlisting}[language=Haskell, caption={Listing caption}, label=lst:captionAttr]
main :: IO ()
main = putStrLn "Hello World!"
\end{lstlisting}
```

With `pandoc test.md -o test.tex --listings --filter pandoc-crossref`,
the output is:
```
\begin{codelisting}
\caption{Listing caption}

\begin{lstlisting}[language=Haskell, caption={Listing caption}, label=lst:captionAttr]
main :: IO ()
main = putStrLn "Hello World!"
\end{lstlisting}

\end{codelisting}
```

But I cannot find the `codelisting` on CTAN.

* Re: Pandoc-crossref adds latex `codelisting` env (not found on CTAN) for code block
       [not found] ` <m2a7o3xr67.fsf-9Onoh4P/yGk@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-09-28  4:28   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-09-28  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jiewuza, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

pandoc-crossref should be inserting something like
this:

\@ifundefined{c@chapter}{\newfloat{codelisting}{h}{lop}}{\newfloat{codelisting}{h}{lop}[chapter]}
\floatname{codelisting}{Listing}
\newcommand*\listoflistings{\listof{codelisting}{List of Listings}}

which definse codelisting.  This requires that you
have \usepackage{listings} in your preamble.
Normally it would be included in the default template
when you use --listings and have code, but I think the normal
mechanism for this being defeated because the code is
replaced by raw latex by pandoc-crossref.  (At least
that's my speculation, you'd have to confirm this with
pandoc-crossref's maintainer.)

Anyway, I found that if I generated a file with

    -o my.tex -s --listings --filter pandoc-citeproc

and then manually added `\usepackage{listings}` to the
preamble, it would compile using pdflatex.

So you should be able to get this to work by using
this in your document's metadata:

header-includes:
- `\usepackage{listings}`{=latex}

pandoc-crossref should probably be adding this
itself.

@ 2018-09-29  6:32     ` jiewuza
       [not found]       ` <m2y3bkak5e.fsf-9Onoh4P/yGk@public.gmane.org>
From: jiewuza @ 2018-09-29  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I see. I use a customized template.

There is `usepackage{listings}` in it. But pandoc-crossref does not
insert:
```
\@ifundefined{c@chapter}{\newfloat{codelisting}{h}{lop}}{\newfloat{codelisting}{h}{lop}[chapter]}
\floatname{codelisting}{Listing}
\newcommand*\listoflistings{\listof{codelisting}{List of Listings}}
```

I will add it in my template.
Thanks.

@ 2018-09-29  6:49         ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-09-29  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jiewuza, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

It may be that pandoc-crossref inserts this via
header-includes, so you need to make sure you have
something like

$for(header-includes)$
$header-includes$
$endfor$

in your template's preamble.  But I'm just guessing
here and you should seek help from the pandoc-crossref
developer.

@ 2018-09-30  3:24           ` jiewuza
From: jiewuza @ 2018-09-30  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

This works.

@ 2018-09-30  3:38           ` jiewuza
       [not found]             ` <m2pnwvac3y.fsf-9Onoh4P/yGk@public.gmane.org>
From: jiewuza @ 2018-09-30  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Now I run into another problem when converting
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lierdakil/pandoc-crossref/master/docs/demo/demo.md
to pdf file.

With `pandoc demo.md -o test.pdf --listings --filter pandoc-crossref `, it reports:
```
Error producing PDF.
! Undefined control sequence.
l.231 code block id starts with \passthrough
```

I checked the generated tex file, for # Chapter 4 in the demo.md, it has
```
There are a couple options for code block labels. Those work only if
code block id starts with \passthrough{\lstinline!lst:!}, e.g.
\passthrough{\lstinline!\{#lst:label\}!}
```

I cannot find any definition in the tex file either.

@ 2018-09-30  6:00               ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-09-30  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jiewuza, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Re passthrough: take a look at the default latex
template.  You'll see that a passthrough macro is
defined when listings is used.  You'll need that in
your template too.

@ 2018-09-30  6:16                 ` jiewuza
       [not found]                   ` <m2lg7ja4ro.fsf-9Onoh4P/yGk@public.gmane.org>
From: jiewuza @ 2018-09-30  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

But this time, I used the default template.
I did not use --template, and no ~/.pandoc directory at all.

For `pandoc demo.md -o test.pdf  --filter pandoc-crossref`, it works.
For `pandoc demo.md -o test.pdf --listings  --filter pandoc-crossref`,
it reports that error.

@ 2018-10-01  5:57                     ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-10-01  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jiewuza, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

There's an explanation in one of my first messages in
this thread as to why this isn't added when
pandoc-crossref is used. There's also a workaround:
put this in your document:

header-includes:
- `\usepackage{listings}`{=latex}