* Pandoc docx output missing images
@ 2021-05-23 19:47 Adarsh Balachandran
       [not found] ` <CAFf_abOuTwMLMUVaMLHzbN60VOg1_p-GA=18T3ixCWLd5JG_nw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Adarsh Balachandran @ 2021-05-23 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

When converting a webpage generated by mkdocs material theme
<https://squidfunk.github.io/mkdocs-material/reference/images/>, images are
missing from the Pandoc output.

Please see below the conversion command and the pandocTheme.docx url:
*pandoc --reference-doc pandocTheme.docx -f html -t docx -o myDoc.docx
https://squidfunk.github.io/mkdocs-material/reference/images/
<https://squidfunk.github.io/mkdocs-material/reference/images/>*

https://pandoc.org/demo/twocolumns.docx

Thanks and regards,
Adarsh Balachandran
*Mob*: +91 9895792641

* Re: Pandoc docx output missing images
       [not found] ` <CAFf_abOuTwMLMUVaMLHzbN60VOg1_p-GA=18T3ixCWLd5JG_nw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-05-23 20:15   ` Albert Krewinkel
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2021-05-23 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I cannot reproduce this, everything seems to work fine for me with
pandoc 2.13. Which pandoc version are you using?

--
Albert Krewinkel

@ 2021-05-23 20:15   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-05-23 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adarsh Balachandran, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

These are svg images, and if I recall we don't yet support these
for docx:
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/4058
(We target an older version of docx for compatibility, and
SVG capability was only added in Word 2016.  The linked issue
suggests converting to png for the docx, which we could do.)

       [not found]             ` <55eedaaa-078d-4d00-ae06-4cf3892015c2n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-07-01 19:58               ` Paul Evans
From: Paul Evans @ 2021-07-01 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thanks for that suggestion. The problem does *not* occur using the
default docx reference file. So I'll just have to go back and recreate my
reference files.

       [not found]         ` <83d81b83-1a29-4f02-b2c3-3652222f141cn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-07-01  9:44           ` gnpan
       [not found]             ` <55eedaaa-078d-4d00-ae06-4cf3892015c2n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: gnpan @ 2021-07-01  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

       [not found] ` <CAE4RJyCwfz-3NDcVq=W2x-SpwgW2wq_HVtKAw=ZYnuAAVDvFLQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-07-01  0:56   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-07-01  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Evans, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I removed the 1x1 image and compiled your document, and
I do see an image. Note!  LaTeX may move the figure to
a later page if it doesn't fit...so check later pages.

       [not found]     ` <yh480k7diaswni.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-07-01  0:50       ` Paul Evans
       [not found]         ` <83d81b83-1a29-4f02-b2c3-3652222f141cn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Paul Evans @ 2021-07-01  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)