* How to prevent pandoc from adding the meta-data to the epub-content?
@ 2018-07-27 11:58 Martin Weber
       [not found] ` <616ccc02-0c55-4c7c-8771-785d77028ae4-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Martin Weber @ 2018-07-27 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello,

I want to generate an epub from my markdown files. So far, this works
great, with only one small thing I can't solve.

I added yaml metadata and filled out the creator and the publisher and so
on.
Now, since I'm selfpublishing, this is both me, so my name pops up at least
twice on the title page, since pandoc inserts the metadata there.

Is it possible to stop pandoc from inserting the metadata to the content of
my ebook?
Or can I change the content that pandoc inserts? Maybe to something
individual?

Thanks a lot, I hope you understand what my problem is and are able to help
me.

Martin

* Re: How to prevent pandoc from adding the meta-data to the epub-content?
       [not found] ` <616ccc02-0c55-4c7c-8771-785d77028ae4-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-07-30 17:37   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-07-30 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Weber, pandoc-discuss

Yes.  You need to use a custom template.

Get the default epub3 template (assuming you're using
epub v3 -- otherwise substitute epub2) using

pandoc -D epub3 > custom.epub3

Now modify custom.epub3 with a text editor.  You'll
see a part of the template wrapped in the conditional
$if(titlepage)$...$endif$.  This is the part you'll
want to modify. You can just delete the publisher
part.

The metadata will still be in the epub, but this
way it won't appear on your title page.