* JSON representation of tables
@ 2021-07-20 16:15 BPJ
       [not found] ` <CADAJKhB=o95_UD3ZnkTudvROmX0OJBuTPQvbqMMyLZqv9sPJWQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2021-07-20 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm trying to understand the JSON representation of complex/new-style
tables. To that end I have converted the JSON representation of a rather
minimal Markdown table to YAML in order to visualize the structure with as
little
noise as possible. To that YAML I have then added comments attempting to
show
the (zero based) indices of the various list items, and label them according
to what I think is their function. I have replaced indices with capital
letters in places where I think a list may have a variable number of
elements:

    S: (Col) Specs
    R: Rows
    C: Cells
    B: Bodies

I have looked at
<
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-types-1.22/docs/Text-Pandoc-Definition.html

but I am not quite sure that I have got things right because the two
structures don't seem to be totally analogous.

I would be very grateful if a developer who already groks the structure
would
take the time to have a
look at the attached YAML with my comments and check that I have got
things right and that I have not overlooked anything. There are some
question marks against some labels which I am especially unsure about, and
questions attached to some comments which I would be very grateful to get
clarified.

One thing in particular: does RowHeadColumns refer to what a
typographer would call the (number of) stub columns? (See
<https://images.app.goo.gl/MvgfLtUALmXuaMyUA> for an overview of
standard typographic terminology for tables.)

TIA,

/bpj