* Error message
@ 2020-10-24 23:43 Alan Tyree
       [not found] ` <CAGMsgMyr+q02tn+zQsetb2aXMkSsD4Msqh1sbs=XGgrT0oVG-A-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Alan Tyree @ 2020-10-24 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

It took me a while to figure this out:

(line 6430, column 13):
unexpected ","
expecting white space

It comes from citeproc. I puzzled over the source file trying to find the
problem, but it was in one of my bib files. Maybe identify the source of
the error message?

Cheers,
Alan

* Re: Error message
       [not found] ` <CAGMsgMyr+q02tn+zQsetb2aXMkSsD4Msqh1sbs=XGgrT0oVG-A-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-10-26 21:35   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-10-26 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Tyree, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Very good idea. I'll make some changes.

Alan Tyree <alantyree-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> It took me a while to figure this out:
>
> (line 6430, column 13):
> unexpected ","
> expecting white space
>
> It comes from citeproc. I puzzled over the source file trying to find the
> problem, but it was in one of my bib files. Maybe identify the source of
> the error message?
>
> Cheers,
> Alan
>
> --
> Alan L Tyree                    http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~alan
>
> --

* Re: error message
       [not found] ` <CALwjjMjV3Cwtr6MVs8sRmUnQkJVwzxgCVK7f_VznKYf4fSBAfw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-08-11 15:08   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-08-11 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John O'Regan, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

See the thread at
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/4283
and see if anything there helps!

"John O'Regan" <john.a.oregan-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm running Windows 7 SP1 HP 32-bit.  I have Pandoc 2.2.3.2 installed.
> When I enter pandoc --help from the Command Prompt, I'm getting this
> error message in a pop-up window:
>
> pandoc.exe has stopped working
> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
> Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
> available.
>
> Please advise!
>
> John
>
> --

* error message
@ 2018-08-11  7:56 John O'Regan
       [not found] ` <CALwjjMjV3Cwtr6MVs8sRmUnQkJVwzxgCVK7f_VznKYf4fSBAfw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: John O'Regan @ 2018-08-11  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

       [not found]   ` <11E5BE80-6154-40C3-8A22-14186ED2E6CA-97jfqw80gc6171pxa8y+qA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2011-10-07  7:43     ` Mohan V. Chunkath
From: Mohan V. Chunkath @ 2011-10-07  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thanks for the quick help. I saved the document in UTF-8 in the editor and
the problem disappeared. Thanks once again.
Regards,
Mohan

* Re: Error message
@ 2011-10-06 15:09 ` Joost Kremers
       [not found]   ` <11E5BE80-6154-40C3-8A22-14186ED2E6CA-97jfqw80gc6171pxa8y+qA@public.gmane.org>
From: Joost Kremers @ 2011-10-06 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Op 6 okt. 2011 om 15:30 heeft "Mohan V. Chunkath" <mohan.chunkath-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> het volgende geschreven:
> C:\temp>markdown2pdf --template=booktemplate.tex blogwork.txt
> markdown2pdf: pandoc: blogwork.txt: hGetContents: invalid argument (invalid UTF-8 byte sequence)

I would suspect that your input file is not in utf-8 format. Presumably, the editor you're working with does not create utf-8 files per default, so you'll have to tell it to do so. If it cannot, then you may want to consider switching editors, as utf-8 is pretty much the standard by now.

If you can't or don't want to do that, your other option is to use a converter. At least for Unix/Linux there are command line utilities that'll convert from one encoding to another, I assume something similar exists for Windows.

HTH

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments