* Pandoc fails to convert internal HTML links to Word format
@ 2022-01-12 18:29 Richard Grace
       [not found] ` <687e6e74-c9f7-45e4-b8aa-3d85436a8f82n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Richard Grace @ 2022-01-12 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have to use Markdown as my primary tool, and I also use a lot of HTML
since MD is such a limited doc platform. (Definitely prefer writing in it.)
I make heavy use of internal HTML links to subsections. Pandoc cannot
handle these, every single such link is broken, including a TOC linked
list. Is there a way to get this to work? Thank you

* Re: Pandoc fails to convert internal HTML links to Word format
       [not found] ` <687e6e74-c9f7-45e4-b8aa-3d85436a8f82n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-01-12 18:30   ` Richard Grace
From: Richard Grace @ 2022-01-12 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

BTW, this is MD -> Word DOCX format

@ 2022-01-13  0:09   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-01-13  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Grace, pandoc-discuss

It works for me.  For example, if I do

pandoc MANUAL.txt -o m.docx

where MANUAL.txt is the source of the user manual,
and open m.docx in Word, I see an internal link to
'Creating a PDF' on the first page. I click on this,
and Word takes me right to the appropriate section.

What version of pandoc are you using, and what
version of Word?